Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

WInder ME2 (MEII) stuck winding?

So, I was out yesterday taking photos with my Pentax ME and winder MEII.

I’ve used the ME heaps without issue, and have used the Winder for about 2 rolls of film prior to this trip.

Anyway, about 22 frames into the roll (36 frame roll) the winder had a fit, it snapped the shutter, then wound, and wound, and wound.
It just sat there endlessly spinning with the shutter button (on the camera) held down.
I turned off the winder and switched the camera between auto/125/B/lock but the shutter button wouldn’t rise up.

I then took the winder off the camera, and thankfully the shutter raised again. The body worked fine (as far as I know, haven’t developed the roll yet, but it was happily winding manually and counted correctly to frame 36 as it should have)

The winder however, now just sits there spinning, as though the shutter button is held down. (regardless of being mounted to a body or not)

Has anybody else experiences this?
And how would I go about fixing the issue?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, button, camera, frame, issue, roll, shutter, winder, winder me2, wound