Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #1

MZ-30 not detecting correctly a len's aperture

Hello. I own a number of Pentax cameras, including a Zx-5, kx (digital) an have been recently given a MZ-30. I own a Ricoh 50 f2 which I converted long time ago to KA mount. It works quite well in "A" position, if you remember to underexpose 1 point from 2.8 to 16. I would like to use it in my new camera but it register the lens as a f1.2 lens instead of f2.0. My other cameras (zx-5 and kx) register the aperture correctly. I am sure this has something to do with the plastic mount of the camera, but I can't really think of a way to mend it. Perhaps some missing contact??. I am aware of the contact codex of the A mount . Any assistance would be greatly appreciate.

Javier

PS: all other "normal" A, FA and F lenses are correctly reported.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, camera, cameras, kx, lens, mount, mz-30, zx-5