Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice looking KX on eBay

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Not my listing and not buying it but I think these don't come up too often? Anyway FYI.
Lot of Vintage Asahi Pentax KX 35mm Film Camera with 3 Lenses Manual SLR | eBay

12-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #2
IHS

Pretty frequently actually...one sold for around 40. just a few days ago. They're not that uncommon. (fortunately) The black ones are a little harder to come by and command a little more depending on the shape but the chrome ones are pretty common.
12-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IHS Quote
Pretty frequently actually...one sold for around 40. just a few days ago. They're not that uncommon. (fortunately) The black ones are a little harder to come by and command a little more depending on the shape but the chrome ones are pretty common.
Good to know, thanks.
12-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
IHS

You're welcome...I spend too much time on e-bay.

12-09-2014, 04:07 AM - 1 Like   #5

TBH as long as the light meter is accurate, all shutter speeds work without capping, and everything else works with a roll of "dummy" film (I keep a very out of date roll just for this) I'd just replace the light seals/mirror foam and put a cheap roll of film in to test it. If that reveals a problem then by all means send it off, but often they don't need any attention.

These cameras are a lot more robust than people seem to think. None of mine have had professional attention and they all work perfectly. The only faults I've had on my KXs are a non-functioning aperture window (repaired by bending part of the periscope so the mirrors lined up) and a stuck self timer (just kept wiggling the lever and eventually it sprang into life, still works). The latter one was absolutely filthy on the outside and consumed a lot of cotton buds and cleaning fluid to bring it up to a condition where I was happy to have it near my face, but the mechanical side was still clicking away merrily!