Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #1

KS wont fire shutter

I have a sears KS super that is my only current pentax mount body, before that I just used my pentax glass on my Canons(SLR,DSLR and mirrorless) only thing that I dont get with the canons is the available to have a working step down mechanisms. Even at F3.5-F4 the viewfinder becomes so dark in them that I can barely focus.

The one on the KS is actually a really nice split rangefinder type, so I'd like to get it working again.

For some reason it is jammed like when the batteries are dead, put in fresh ones and it will still not let me press the shutter button all the way down.

Is there a specific place I should look into cleaning or a wire replacing? everything on the camera looks mint. No crud,rust or anything. Was working fine, then stopped using it for a couple of weeks and it developed the issue.

12-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #2

I don't know anything about this particular camera. Is the shutter fully cocked? Can you still advance the winding lever? Most SLRs will lock the shutter button if it is only partially cocked. Some camera if you go into the film compartment and turn the sprocket next to the film take up reel will cock the shutter. Don't force this if it does not want to turn.

Is the mirror locked up?

That's all I can think of at the moment.
12-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips!

Well it ended up being the batteries, the "fresh" ones I bought at the drugstore were apparently not good. Finally got a chance to test them with a multimeter and sure enough both dead, bought new ones off amazon and the camera started working again.