Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2015, 10:07 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
If I’m shooting b&w slide film then I have to send them to DR5Chrome in Denver for processing.
Phil.
Phil, Is there a thread about this? I am assuming this process still precludes the use of ICE on b&w film that have gone through this process?

01-30-2015, 10:24 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Phil, Is there a thread about this? I am assuming this process still precludes the use of ICE on b&w film that have gone through this process?
Yep I opened one a few years ago and it explains the process:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/98853-dr5-chrome.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/57018-fomapa...rsal-film.html

I have used some b&w negative film in the DR5 process and turned them into positives, but my best results are with Fomapan R100 a true positive b&w film.

Foma Fomapan R100 BW Reversal Film 35mm x 36 exp. | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

Phil.
01-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks for the links Phil. I missed the opportunity to try Agfa Scala and the DR5 process. I also like the statement about Fomapan - very fine grain, high resolving power and contour sharpness and higher contrast.
01-30-2015, 07:28 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rt22306 Quote
Locally, the only convenient place still doing C-41 is Walgreen's; the other chains are sending everything out.

Recently, my local Walgreens started sending it out.