Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 08:26 PM - 1 Like   #1

Green Pentax SV

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I managed to get a hold of this Pentax SV in a color I haven't seen before. The only other one I've heard of that was different from the usual colors was that one Olive Green Spotmatic in this thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/165963-penta...ive-green.html

Doesn't look like it was just some random spray paint as everything is evenly coated throughout, including the the inside metal hidden in the film chamber.

If anyone has any info on this camera that would be awesome.

Also, if anyone knows where to source a parts camera or just the mirror as USPS managed to crack it during shipping.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
02-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
To me it just looks like it has been repainted. BUt it looks cool!
02-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some sort of a Army-issue is my guess
02-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #4

Original Poster
If it was repainted by someone, they took the time to do quality work taking it apart and reassembling it. Nonetheless it's still a cool camera and one that works thankfully, just need to source a parts camera for it's mirror.

Army use is what i gathered also from that other thread. Makes me wonder where this little camera has been.

02-05-2015, 03:20 AM   #5
Forum Member

Check for bullet holes.......
02-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

More likely check for fungus, likely if it's been to someplace like Vietnam or Korea...
02-06-2015, 12:58 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dave's clichés Quote
Check for bullet holes.......
Haha.

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
More likely check for fungus, likely if it's been to someplace like Vietnam or Korea...
Ya that's the first thing. I always check for in eBay or CL finds. This one is quite clean on the internals.

02-06-2015, 01:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Those models weren't, I don't think, ever sold in a Military version. And the loss of lettering detail on the front would indicate a DIY job. I dig it, though. THe pea soup and black leather make for a nice combo behind a black Takumar lens. The silver buttons add a bit of flare.
02-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Those models weren't, I don't think, ever sold in a Military version. And the loss of lettering detail on the front would indicate a DIY job. I dig it, though. THe pea soup and black leather make for a nice combo behind a black Takumar lens. The silver buttons add a bit of flare.
Ya the color pulled me in; plus I was missing an all mechanical camera in my set of equipment.

I'm thinking maybe the original owner wanted a colored slr like those Alpa cameras back then who had some models in various colors.
02-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That didn't leave the factory like that. You could have an SV in any color you wanted as long as it was silver or black.