Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2021, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #16

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
What 3D printed grip did you go with? There's a seller/maker based in Poland that I'm on the fence about.
It is indeed a Polish one. They guy offers three grip designs for the LX. I got this one which allows use of the self timer and was slightly cheaper than the other two at the time. It came with three screws, one of which was too long, the second too short and the third didn't even fit the socket on the camera. Once I got that sorted, however, the grip fits the camera really well (and makes it look good too, IMO). Most important, it does actually fit my hand well and vastly improves one-handed grip. Altogether, I'm glad I got it and don't expect to take it off.

09-26-2021, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
After many years of using DSLRs with nice grips, I found that my old LX doesn't feel nearly as nice in the hand as it used to. I checked eBay to see what they cost, and nearly had a heart attack, so I spent an afternoon in my shop and built one from a scrap of aluminum and walnut. I think I might make another with a slightly different shape and try to sculpt it to the side of the body a bit better, but it's way better than nothing. I've never held one with the genuine Pentax grips, so can't compare. I also need to pay a bit more attention to the size of the slot that the top strap lug fits into, there's a tiny amount of play in it, and it bugs me. I also wasn't careful enough when I was cutting the recess for the mounting plate in the wood, and a bit tore out at the top of the grip.

Kristian