Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I always thought Gold 200 was trash but the last time I bought it I noticed they have change cassette and film, I found the colour pleasant, much more than in the past and much better than Superia, almost (almost...) in the Portra range.

The last time I shot Gold 200 I found it boring and with dull colours...for these shots I used the A zoom 35-210 and my new to me K1000SE.
Good stuff!

Phil.

07-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Try Lomography 100. The colors are very bright and and vivid. You can always tone it down in post processing after scanning.
I've just ran thru a few rolls of this, one of them 120 and LOVED it... I kept saying to my lady it really reminded me of Ferrania Solaris 100 which I LOVED after trying it at the suggestion of someone here but can't find anymore (shot the 2 rolls I bought last summer). But Lomo100 was evidently Ferrania 100 rebranded and now is rebranded Kodak... Not sure which I have but it sure looks like the stuff I loved - and it's relatively cheap. I may have gotten some old stock - I should check the expiration. I love the palate and grain structure. I'll be buying much more in the coming months and hopefully its the same experience. I shoot mostly Ektar and Velvia, but that gets expensive quick. Superia is also nice and I'm quite the fan of the 400.

---------- Post added 07-05-15 at 05:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
I picked up 3 rolls of Ektar 100 and will plan to use my film camera for landscape/seascape and my dSLR for people/general. I really appreciate the advice. I will try some of the other suggestions in time. The local shop had a few choices, but Ektar was the one that jumped out and was his recommendation too.

I will post photos in a few weeks!
Where are the shots??? (and incidentally, I see you're in the Sea-town with me - what part of town are you in?)
07-06-2015, 06:54 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote

Where are the shots??? (and incidentally, I see you're in the Sea-town with me - what part of town are you in?)
Alas...there was a mechanical issue with my camera and there are NO shots. It's being repaired and I'll find something else to point it at when I get it back. I did take about 400 digital photos and will share some of them at some point.

I'm near the Ballard Bridge, you?