Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #1

ME Super not winding on film

Hi folks,

Recently bought an ME Super from a charity shop. I thought all was working well until I got about 15 shots into my first roll of film and when trying to move to the next shot i get an almighty crunching noise and the film doesn't move on.

Reckon the teeth are worn away slightly so not gripping the film properly.

Any help would be much appreciated. Got a feeling the repair might cost more than a new body!

Thanks
Ally

08-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the crunching coming from the film path or from the winder?

You could get a crunching sound at the end of a roll of film if you wind too far. Is this a new roll of 36 exposures?

Does the winder advance, or is it stuck? The most common problem I have seen in the ME Super is the winder moving freely without engaging the film transport mechanism.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
film, move