Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-10-2015, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Pentax ZX-30

I picked it up for cheap and took it for a test run as a curiosity from the final years of Pentax amateur film SLR models. About 2000 birth date. First thing I noticed was that the auto focus on the SMC Pentax FA 28-80 didn't lock into focus at a push of the shutter button. After a brief upset in high expectations I discovered that the view finder control was shifted too far to one side....so I adjusted it to my eyesight and everything was better. Then I noticed the special flash shut off on the big selector wheel would work ok in full auto focus with full camera select exposure but that the flash would keep popping up on any other program or non program setting....even when no flash was used by the camera programs. Took me a while to figure out that the button on the screen side besides selecting red eye adjustment flash also shifted the screen icon to just a jagged standard flash symbol that, strangely enough, wouldn't automatically lift the flash hood and acted the same as a standard non flash icon. If you want the flash in this mode you have to push a button on the back of the camera to the left of the view finder and this pops the flash hood.

I took it on a fishing trip with me. I figured for $20 I'd chance any mishap with salt water.

PentaxZX-30. Pentax 28-80. Kentmere 100 B&W film.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
DSC-HX20V  Photo 

Last edited by Niner Alpha; 10-10-2015 at 05:46 PM.
10-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots. I like the Kentmere film when I want B/W.
10-10-2015, 04:15 PM   #3

Lovely shots!
10-10-2015, 11:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

May you share how did you scan it? Thanks,

10-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
I developed in D76...same as TMAX

I used an Epson V600 scanner. and scanned at 16 bit grayscale and at 2400 dpi. This produced jpg images with a size of 3391x2247. I reduced to about 800 pixels to upload to this site. And... looks like I got some of the edge of the negative in one of those photos I posted. I didn't do any photo shop stuff to any of them. I should at least have cropped off the black edge.

I'll add one at 850 pixels. It's interesting because the camera focus picked up on the face through the Plexiglas wind screen and seemed to lock in really well and ignore the foreground.
Attached Images