Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am a silly twit.

I have had two Spotmatics for some time now, and only tonight after reading "The Asahi Pentax Way" did I realise that although the Spotmatic does not meter wide open, it does automatically stop down to take the shot even when the light meter switch isn't active.

This changes things. Not when the light is shifting, of course, but when it's constant...

11-26-2015, 05:47 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I only opened this because Otis said someone was posting about me.....

Glad you found some new helpful information!

Regards!
11-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I only wish that were the only reason I am a silly twit.... (sigh)
11-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
...it does automatically stop down to take the shot even when the light meter switch isn't active.

This changes things. Not when the light is shifting, of course, but when it's constant...
Yep! You would be surprised at how many people own these cameras and don't know that they support automatic aperture actuation and that once you meter, you can basically frame and focus wide-open.

Steve