Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-02-2015, 06:11 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
wouldn't be worried too much... the economy and markets doesn't like vacuum - one man's misfortune is another man's opportunity ( not that I like these realities, but here we are)
Sounds good...

I would do a Kickstarter campaign, but need to find a good optical design engineer as well as a source for tooling to do Fresnel and sophisticated prism grinding on multiple substrates in sizes ranging from 24x36mm up to 8x10".

Steve

12-03-2015, 12:46 AM   #17

Original Poster
I have been playing with the Intescreen on my Z-1p and it is all good.

I did a few quick tests without film. AF is just fine, I get the focus confirmation beeping sound excantly when the split images align.

Screen is bright but not more than the one installed originally. Basically, metering is unchanged too. Or at least I did not notice any difference in my quick tests (compared to my other Z-1p). Makes sense since (a) the Intenscreen is designed for Z-1 and should bring +1 ev according specifications; (b) default screen in Z-1p already has +1 ev w.r.t. the one in Z-1 (Pentax Focusing Screens).

Anyhow, very happy overall

Cheers
12-03-2015, 03:33 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vrolok Quote
I have been playing with the Intescreen on my Z-1p and it is all good. I did a few quick tests without film. AF is just fine, I get the focus confirmation beeping sound excantly when the split images align. Screen is bright but not more than the one installed originally. Basically, metering is unchanged too. Or at least I did not notice any difference in my quick tests (compared to my other Z-1p). Makes sense since (a) the Intenscreen is designed for Z-1 and should bring +1 ev according specifications; (b) default screen in Z-1p already has +1 ev w.r.t. the one in Z-1 (Pentax Focusing Screens). Anyhow, very happy overall Cheers
Nice to know. Did you have any trouble with shimming / calibrating or was it all good from the start ?

---------- Post added 12-03-15 at 10:35 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sounds good... I would do a Kickstarter campaign, but need to find a good optical design engineer as well as a source for tooling to do Fresnel and sophisticated prism grinding on multiple substrates in sizes ranging from 24x36mm up to 8x10". Steve
Maybe you could advertise this idea on forum in another thread? There are some knowledgeable people reading these forums so .. who knows what could happen
12-03-2015, 03:48 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Nice to know. Did you have any trouble with shimming / calibrating or was it all good from the start ?[COLOR="Silver"]
It all went smoothly. I was a bit hesitant at first (watched a youtube video of a guy changing screens for his Pentax dslr) also because the plastic tweezers that I used and come with the intenscreen are flimsy. But was enough and within a couple of minutes I managed to swap the screens. Then I did the comparison tests, and just fine. Will try a film over the weekend...

Cheers

12-03-2015, 04:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It all went smoothly. I was a bit hesitant at first (watched a youtube video of a guy changing screens for his Pentax dslr) also because the plastic tweezers that I used and come with the intenscreen are flimsy. But was enough and within a couple of minutes I managed to swap the screens. Then I did the comparison tests, and just fine. Will try a film over the weekend... Cheers
great thanks for update ! make sure you follow up with some photos
12-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It all went smoothly. I was a bit hesitant at first (watched a youtube video of a guy changing screens for his Pentax dslr) also because the plastic tweezers that I used and come with the intenscreen are flimsy.
That is why, in the For Sale ad I currently have running (for an "Intenscreen PLUS" with diagonal split screen for an LX), I said,

"If the buyer needs or wants one (and please let me know ~before~ shipping), I can provide a jen-you-wine Pentax metal focusing screen forceps, because (IMHO) the only shortcoming of the otherwise deluxe packaging of the Intenscreen product is the rather blunt and clunky red plastic forceps provided by Beattie."

I can't imagine my own fingers being successful with those plastic tweezers (with rounded ends) -- the Pentax design is so superior.

I can sort of picture my mother yelling after me when I was a kid, "Don't you run with those scissors, unless they're those plastic Intenscreen scissors !!!".