Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Spotomatic L Plate

I just picked up a used Spotomatic F and I was wondering if anyone uses an L plate on one of there film cameras? I've grown accustomed to using one on my other cameras for tripod use.

I know there probably isn't one designed for this camera, but I thought there might be a good substitute.

12-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In Australia, L ("learner") plates (a black L on a yellow background) are applied to cars driven by novice drivers who are learning under supervision (licensed driver or instructor in the front passenger seat) and haven't taken their driving test yet. It's a warning to others to give them a bit of room because they're inexperienced and may not stop quickly or slowly enough, and because they frequently have legal restrictions on the speeds they can drive at.

I know what you actually mean is an L bracket, but this caused me to giggle a bit when I read the thread title - "Please have mercy on me, I'm still on my first film!"
12-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some makers market generic "L" plates/brackets that may be adapted to different cameras, though I am unaware of any designed for the Spotmatic or other 35mm film cameras.

Steve
12-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Some makers market generic "L" plates/brackets that may be adapted to different cameras, though I am unaware of any designed for the Spotmatic or other 35mm film cameras.

Steve
Thanks. I'm thinking about picking up a cheap universal plate.