Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Program Plus with debris on top of focus screen.

How would I access that area to blow out debris? Do I have to remove the focus screen? or is there another way in?

07-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
this might help:
The Classic Camera Repair Forum: Pentax Super Program focusing screen replacement

consider though, if the risk of not getting everything back in place is worth the presence of some dirt that doesn't affect the picture? I know, that stuff irks... and maybe you can just crack it open enough to blow out the debris.
07-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, that does help, I thought those two screws might be the key, now i need to find some precision screw drivers!

As for the "debris" ... if it were just dust specs, I wouldn't be concerned about it. But these are what appear to be bug parts, legs to be specific. I swear I think one of them is going to move if I look through the view finder long enough. I got this camera in a deal off eBay, apparently it sat around a while and a bug got in it. The camera is otherwise perfect.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
this might help:
The Classic Camera Repair Forum: Pentax Super Program focusing screen replacement

consider though, if the risk of not getting everything back in place is worth the presence of some dirt that doesn't affect the picture? I know, that stuff irks... and maybe you can just crack it open enough to blow out the debris.
« I'm insane | *ist? »