Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2016, 06:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax LX exposure problem

Hi!

I've found a great deal for a LX, but the owner stated that the camera has a problem with the exposure meter, so it needs to be re-calibrated.
After multiple questions about the problem, he says that the repair shop who he sent previous (probably for a clean) set the meter in the wrong position. But it works.

I would like to know if you have ever heard about a problem like this, if it is a common problem, if it can be fixed easily and if it doesn't worth to buy it in this condition. I'm not in the US, so I think I have to find out someone here in Europe who can fix this, if worthed.

Thank you very much!
GG

04-13-2016, 07:21 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sounds like the owner doesn't know how it works. Is the meter problem in manual, aperture priority or both? Everything else works? Is the price worth the risk?
04-13-2016, 07:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Actually I don't know very much about this camera, too.
Why did you ask for aperture priority and manual mode? I don't know, I think he use the camera in M mode. I'll ask him!
Yes, everything else works (he said). He didn't repair the meter because he used the camera without using it (for this reason I think he used the camera in Manual mode)
He's asking for 200$. Do you think is appropriate the price?
04-13-2016, 08:13 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Depending on cosmetics and what all is included - and some accessories get up there, it sounds like it's in the range given that "everything else works" - if the shutter fires "correctly" at all speeds. But of course the price depends on what you are willing to pay.

04-13-2016, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

$200 for a camera in KEH "bargain" condition, which assumes proper operation, but appearance issues isn't unreasonable. You might want to visit Pentax LX user manual, instruction manual to view the instruction manual.
04-13-2016, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

If you are buying a camera by post you need to budget for a trip to repair shop €.

A local brick shop you don't need to do this.