Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote

[snip]

grhazelton, putting a roll of slide film in with a bunch of C41 films instead of holding it out and submitting it as a separate job seems to me like a GREAT way to increase the chances of something going wrong, especially if the slide cassette didn't look radically different from its print-film companions. I'm not sure all the blame lies with the lab in this case. Things like this may be why my local mail-out processing service insists on ONE FILM PER BAG, on each of which the processing method must be individually ticked and on each of which there is a space to write notes or special instructions.
Agreed. The E-6 was in the group of C-41 by mistake. Even so I'd have thought that a small volume lab would LOOK at the cassettes they were about the process. Oh, well....

04-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

It is difficult to find a lab here that will do E6 120.

Most staff won't know what E6 is... Ferranni may have left things too late.
04-19-2016, 04:37 PM   #18

I've done this on purpose before, if scanning its not hard to get as good results. A Provia roll turned almost entirely green, still scanned to a nice colour.
04-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Ok... digital era guy here, the only rolls of film that i used was the ones from the cheap kodak camera my mother use to have... I was on believing (until i read this thread) that every film was treated the same (generaly speaking, wiyh diferent process on BW and color film) but i must ask something this diferent films are diferent pshysicaly to make easy to know which is which? If you gave me this diferents rolls i pretty much will think both must be worked the same...

04-19-2016, 05:44 PM   #20
Veteran Member

At this point color is basically down to C-41 (for negatives) and E-6 (for slides). Fuji, I believe, has different names for the same processes.
Black and White, however, has an immense range of possibilities for developing.
04-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Ok... digital era guy here, the only rolls of film that i used was the ones from the cheap kodak camera my mother use to have... I was on believing (until i read this thread) that every film was treated the same (generaly speaking, wiyh diferent process on BW and color film) but i must ask something this diferent films are diferent pshysicaly to make easy to know which is which? If you gave me this diferents rolls i pretty much will think both must be worked the same...
In 35mm there is a bar code on most cassettes indicating film type for the commercial processor.
But c41 the colour negative is (was) generic, it was a Kodak standard.
Ditto E6 the colour positive (slide) film.
Monochrome was not generic except for c41 film types that needed the colour negative process.
The cine colour negative (ECN) is generic, people buy 400 foot rolls and load it in stills.
In roll and flat film you can still get these types cept for the ECN, and you need to read the label, on the roll, or light tight box.

The processing staff may have been dragged off the street, press gang style!
The OP is entitled to money back, but he still has the shots as E6 and c41 are 'compatible' by magic!
Memory cards come in different sizes and speeds?
04-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Ok, i understand, when i start reading this thread i was believing both process where made for "negatives", now i understand the "slide" (in spanish i knew them as "Positivos" [positive]) is for other use. Thanks for the information!

04-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Ok, i understand, when i start reading this thread i was believing both process where made for "negatives", now i understand the "slide" (in spanish i knew them as "Positivos" [positive]) is for other use. Thanks for the information!
I apologise it is too easy for us to assume that your mother tongue is English.
It is bad enough for us that that the USA has a different dialect of English from the 16th century.
I can only wish that my Spanish was as good as your English.

Here E6 processing is now difficult even for 35mm and worse for 120.
04-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Xmas Quote
It is difficult to find a lab here that will do E6 120.

Most staff won't know what E6 is... Ferranni may have left things too late.
Then send it to Blue Moon!

E-6 Processing | Blue Moon Camera and Machine

Steve
04-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Creo que el traducción literal de slides es diapositivas, y que no usamos en ingles "positives", entonces si diga película positiva debe ser entendido.
Es muy difícil leer sobre la fotografía (o algo técnico) en una idioma segunda. Espere que mi español sea tan bueno que tu ingles.
¿Si no te molesta, puedes contestaría me una pregunta? ¿En españa se dice peliculas blanco y negro o blanco y prieto?
Gracias por la oportunidad para hablar un poquito de español.
04-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Suing the lab is way over the top. It would be proper if they gave you a new roll and development.

This is what they call cross processing, isn't it? Scan it, enjoy some crazy colours, move on.
04-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
Creo que el traducción literal de slides es diapositivas, y que no usamos en ingles "positives", entonces si diga película positiva debe ser entendido.
Es muy difícil leer sobre la fotografía (o algo técnico) en una idioma segunda. Espere que mi español sea tan bueno que tu ingles.
¿Si no te molesta, puedes contestaría me una pregunta? ¿En españa se dice peliculas blanco y negro o blanco y prieto?
Gracias por la oportunidad para hablar un poquito de español.
Usualmente diapositiva es cuando nos referimos al conjunto de los positivos y el proyector, pero ambos funcionan, al leer el termino "slide" yo me imaginaba la accion de deslizar el filme para introducir a una camara (cual camara antigua) por ello mi duda si estas tenian diferentes procesos para el revelado.

El termino es pelicula en Blanco y negro, prieto es un termino que podriamos decir sinonimo de oscuro

04-21-2016, 03:20 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Then send it to Blue Moon!

E-6 Processing | Blue Moon Camera and Machine

Steve
Hi Steve

Wrong side of big pond, until last year I could drop off c41 Sunday at 11:00 and pick it up after 18:00 same day.
Reliable good quality convient...

Our postal (mail) is woeful nowdays.

E6 is difficult unless you can tolerate long delays. Simpler to go back the monochrome street I did in 60s, before minilabs.

Noel
04-21-2016, 07:20 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Xmas Quote
E6 is difficult unless you can tolerate long delays
I must be lucky, I can drop of my E6 at a Lab 5 minutes away in the morning and have my mounted slides back in the late afternoon. Scanning takes longer, but I don't have my slides scanned, so in & out in one day.

Phil.
04-21-2016, 08:40 AM - 2 Likes   #30
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I must be lucky, I can drop of my E6 at a Lab 5 minutes away in the morning and have my mounted slides back in the late afternoon. Scanning takes longer, but I don't have my slides scanned, so in & out in one day.

Phil.
I am starting to think that those of us who live in the Pacific Northwest have a charmed existence in regards to film photography. I have several options for processing as well as several stores that sell film cameras and film is considered an art medium here in the Portland, Oregon vicinity.

Steve