Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #1

ME Super - Boot sale find

Don't often go to boot sales but went to one this weekend and found a good looking ME Super. I've cleaned it up, replaced the seals, given it new batteries, and put some fresh film in it. It came with an SMC 50 1.7 lens, but I've switched that for the 1.4 I have, and put a different strap on it.

All for £8.

I *was* going to sell it. I don't think I can. It's too nice. And it looks lovely next to my MX.

They are such lovely looking cameras!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9505  Photo 
05-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree.. I have a few more bucks into one of my own..

congrats and be sure to love it by running a few rolls of film through it now and again
05-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lovely! I inadvertently left my MESuper on the kitchen island after a 'walk for exercise' yesterday and was gobsmacked this morning to notice how tiny it is with the M40/2.8 on the front.
05-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't decide what to do with my ME Super. Haven't used it in decades and don't plan to. I'm definitely keeping the 50mm f1.7 lens; it's my best lens. The body probably won't sell for much. Is it even worth listing it? Can't toss it out, that would be sacrilegious. Would be a gorgeous paperweight except for the hole in the front where the lens was. What to do.......

05-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A OEM body cap costs $7.50 on eBay or found in the drawer at your local camera shop.
05-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mines a black one, and when it goes it will go with my M glass as a bundle. 20/4(maybe) 28/3.5, 40/2.8, 84/2. Someone will love it.

I shoot it regularly - it makes great exposures.
05-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Great camera!!! mine came from a friend's attic.
It has developed a faulty condition in which it winds and winds and shoots only once very 5th or 6th frame though

05-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Lovely! I inadvertently left my MESuper on the kitchen island after a 'walk for exercise' yesterday and was gobsmacked this morning to notice how tiny it is with the M40/2.8 on the front.
I took my ME, same size, to Melbourne with me in my travel vest pocket with the 40/2.8 M on the front. Despite the fact that I had a K-5 with four lenses with me as well, I still managed to put five rolls of film through it in just over a week. I was sorely tempted to take it as my only camera, it was that handy and that much fun to use, but the pull of my brand new DA Limiteds was too strong and the M series bodies can't drive those. (I almost traded in BOTH my 40mm Pancakes - M and DA - towards the FA43 while I was there, and part of me still regrets not doing so. Next time, my pretties; next time.)