Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2016, 01:25 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New, and unknown model?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi

Ive never seen one of these before.

Asahi Pentax K1000 Pentax Winder Meii Vivitar Auto 215 for Parts as Is | eBay

Must be worth lots more than the asking price?

The seller sent me a picture of the bottom plate. I am really woundering how it is possible to even try to fit that motor drive on that camera, since there is no space on the plate for the drive gear.

06-22-2016, 01:35 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the photo, the winder does not appear to be attached to the camera, just placed really close to it. It's resting on the handle and thus tilted toward the camera that took the product photo.

At least that's what I'm seeing

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-22-2016, 02:03 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Like Adam said. It's not for the K1000 but if you look at the photo in the zoomed size you can see it's not attached to the camera but laying in front of it. And the ad has commas between the title, like this:
K1000, ME winderll, etc. Look at the other photos too, you'll see it doesn't go with the K1000.
06-22-2016, 02:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

the seller has simply tried to attach the winder to a body it was never intended to attach too. Plain vanilla K1000 from what I see.

06-22-2016, 02:07 AM   #5

If the winder is anything like my motor drive for my Minolta X-700 than there is a spring clutch on the drive shaft and the electrical and alignment pins are spring loaded so it might be possible to partially mount it on other bodies.
06-22-2016, 02:24 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would be a neat trick to get that Winder ME to work with that K1000 body...

Chris
06-22-2016, 02:50 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I got the impression that they have been lined up for aesthetic effect rather than to give any sort of impression that all work together on the same camera.

06-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I got the impression that they have been lined up for aesthetic effect rather than to give any sort of impression that all work together on the same camera.
That was my impression also. And one would know that if they looked at the other photos.
06-22-2016, 11:13 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I have both the k-1000 & the ME Super along with the ME Winder ll. I wish it would work on the K-1000. I would be in heaven. That's one sorry looking ME winder by the way.