Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2016, 04:08 AM   #1

Pentax mz 50 makes pictures without pulling the trigger

I got the old Pentax of my mother a few months ago, I took some pictures and everything went well, today I also took three pictures without any trouble, after I took the fourth the camera started suddenly to take pictures without stopping... When I switched it off the camera took another - the last - picture, after half an hour I switched it on again, while switching on it took a picture, then it focused automatically and took the next, again while switching off it took a picture...
All the buttons in the picture at the bottom trigger a picture.

Yesterday I put new batteries inside, so I guess it isn't their fault, but of course I took them out and in again.

It is quite warm (28°C) could this be the reason?

Or may the film be too old (I think it expired in 2015)?

Until now I only used a DSLR and therefore have some respect in opening the camera.

[IMG]IMG_20160711_130404.jpg
[/IMG]

07-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Film has no bearing on this. There is something wrong. If I had to guess I'd say the switch actuated by the shutter button was stuck.