Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2016, 12:41 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Ewins Quote
From the top: Spotmatic promotional display, Asahiflexes, K series, MX, M series, Spotmatic motor and data bodies, 6x7, Auto 110 and LX, early digital plus the Asahiflex 500/5 Takumar that wouldn't fit on the top shelf.
That's quite the beautiful collection! I hope they're all shooters

My collection has moved from the camera shelf I made and the camera bags stored under my rather tall bed, to a set of containers I found that very neatly and perfectly fit under the bed. The cameras are stored therein; sometimes in bags, sometimes not. But it keeps dust, light, and moisture out and protects them, so I'm happy!

01-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I purposely set mine up to face the window and I purposely leave the lens covers off. Exposure to light (UV) prevents fungus as I understand I don't know how much UV is getting through the glass that they are behind but I figure it couldn't hurt.
01-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Wow Asahiflex 500!

Could you post some pics of it? Never seen one before.

Great collection.
I'd like to see some too!

Has anyone ever come across the wooden tripod that was supplied with early super-telephoto lenses?

K.
01-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I'd like to see some too!

Has anyone ever come across the wooden tripod that was supplied with early super-telephoto lenses?

K.
Asahiflex had one for sale in the Marketplace some years ago.

01-06-2017, 11:18 PM   #35

Photos: Albums
Wow Asahiflex 500!

Could you post some pics of it? Never seen one before.

Great collection.
Took me a while, but here you go: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/337412-500-...ml#post3873304
01-07-2017, 12:45 AM   #36
Pentaxian

This was my small collection of film bodies a couple of years ago but liquidated almost all and half the lenses that were on another couple of shelves - kept the pristine spottie and the better Takumar lenses I had - alas no 500/5. The big lens in the inset was a Schneider Kreuznach 360 - similar era and design to the 500/5 with 18 pre-set aperture blades - gone now.

Beautiful collections above and I kind of hoped to build my collection up but I live in the tropics and the climate was starting to get to the camera mirrors sadly. Dry boxes were a solution but I lacked the space.
01-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Ewins Quote
Thank you!

---------- Post added 01-08-2017 at 04:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Asahiflex had one for sale in the Marketplace some years ago.
I tried to search for the sales post but didn't find it. Do you have a link?

Thanks.

01-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I tried to search for the sales post but didn't find it. Do you have a link?

Thanks.
I just did the same, but I find nothing sold by Asahiflex.

I distinctly recall a thread, and another with a complete Asahi Trench Periscope Binoculars and Tripod. Maybe just a post he's posted some really rare stuff. Maybe another seller.
01-20-2017, 07:32 PM - 2 Likes   #39
Pentaxian

Here's many of my current lens collection.

The lenses shown below include lenses made by: Pentax, Zeiss, MOG, Fujinon, Vivitar, Carl Zeiss Jena, Cosina, Rejuvenon, Helios, Zentar, Pentacon, Mamiya Sekor, etc.. Four are Nikon mount, two Fuji X mount, and the rest are Pentax K mount.

Most of these lenses are manual focus lens. The majority I've "adapted" (e.g. M42, Leitaxed, Rube Goldberg, Frankenlens etc.).

I didn't include my cameras in the photo as they are just modern day digital cameras. I guess that I'm a lens collector/creator, and not a camera collector.

NOTE TO MR DCShooter: Yes, in this photo you will see one of your favorite lenses (Fujinon EBC 35/1.9). Just for you, in the near future I intend to have a shoot out between it and my Zeiss 35/1.4 (David vs Goliath). It will be interesting to see the results.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 12-23-2017 at 12:14 PM.
03-31-2017, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

Here is a mid size display cabinet, restored to its former early 1900 glory, with glasses in place of the original wooden panels.
It contains only large format lenses, mostly Soft Focus, Petzvals and Portrait objectives.
I'd like to have a more modern one, larger and lockable, with unbreakable crystals, for my most loved lenses for Pentax K.
I guess it would be too expensive, but never say never...
I'd choose a selection, though. I have too many. I'm feeling a bit guilty about that, cause many will see a film (or a digital sensor) only very few times in the near future.

cheers

Paolo