Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2016, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ME Super needs a nice new home

I have a ME Super in decent shape (the foam where the mirror hits the inside when it flips up is gone, but otherwise camera is OK) and I could ship it to KEH and get a few bucks for it, but I'd rather it go to someone who actually will use it. I tried donating locally to a non-profit photo group but so far no answer. It has sentimental value so sending it to Goodwill and then seeing it a few weeks later on the shelf after being dropped and abused will make me very sad, and Craigslist is out (bad things can happen in Craigslist transactions, sadly) so wondering how Pentaxians let go of their film cameras?

10-11-2016, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

usually via a classified ad in the Marketplace?
10-11-2016, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree, an ad in Pentax Forums Marketplace is a great way to pass along gear you no longer need.
You can price item as "free", but I do suggest you require buyer to pay shipping at actual cost.

Chris
10-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, I considered that but for some reason didn't follow through.

10-11-2016, 11:00 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I literally have had not one bad Craigslist transaction. Pick a public place and don't worry. Many police departments allow craigslist transactions in their parking lots.

---------- Post added 10-11-16 at 02:00 PM ----------

But the marketplace is a great option also.
10-11-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I literally have had not one bad Craigslist transaction. Pick a public place and don't worry. Many police departments allow craigslist transactions in their parking lots.

---------- Post added 10-11-16 at 02:00 PM ----------

But the marketplace is a great option also.
I have had several perfectly fine CL transactions, most in public places (and one in a house but I brought a friend along). The bigger annoyance with CL is non communicative sellers, and ones who back out suddenly when you have it all arranged.
10-11-2016, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
I have had several perfectly fine CL transactions, most in public places (and one in a house but I brought a friend along). The bigger annoyance with CL is non communicative sellers, and ones who back out suddenly when you have it all arranged.
Well that is true. The lack of reputation management is a pain as well.

10-16-2016, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I started to send you a PM that I would take it off your hands for the price of shipping but then I remembered that I already have an ME Super, and an ME, and two MXes, and an SV. I really don't want to be a hoarder so someone else who's never had the joy of using an ME Super (my first 35mm SLR at age 12) really should jump at this opportunity.
10-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
OK, I still haven't decided if I want to part with it so just as well. Thanks for bumping the thread!
10-17-2016, 08:55 AM - 2 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

OK, I still haven't decided if I want to part with it so just as well. Thanks for bumping the thread!
I have an ME Super, and if you haven't shot a roll with it you should take the opportunity. Mine is the first SLR i used as a child, and the camera that took my baby pictures, but apart from the attatchment I find it's also a really good camera.
11-03-2016, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a ME Super in decent shape (the foam where the mirror hits the inside when it flips up is gone, but otherwise camera is OK) and I could ship it to KEH and get a few bucks for it, but I'd rather it go to someone who actually will use it. I tried donating locally to a non-profit photo group but so far no answer. It has sentimental value so sending it to Goodwill and then seeing it a few weeks later on the shelf after being dropped and abused will make me very sad, and Craigslist is out (bad things can happen in Craigslist transactions, sadly) so wondering how Pentaxians let go of their film cameras?
I would like to know exactly what you are planning on shipping. Are you sending only the body, or will you be sending the body with a lens? I have owned just about every Pentax film SLR made. When I decided to take the quantum leap to digital, I donated the majority of them to Goodwill. Goodwill does a wonderful job in helping folks to feel useful and productive in their jobs. Goodwill also has numerous addiction rehab programs available and does an excellent job in that area as well. The funds they generate are used primarily for the benefit of the less fortunate, so it is money well spent.

Rgds,

Antonio
11-03-2016, 08:26 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I would like to know exactly what you are planning on shipping. Are you sending only the body, or will you be sending the body with a lens? I have owned just about every Pentax film SLR made. When I decided to take the quantum leap to digital, I donated the majority of them to Goodwill. Goodwill does a wonderful job in helping folks to feel useful and productive in their jobs. Goodwill also has numerous addiction rehab programs available and does an excellent job in that area as well. The funds they generate are used primarily for the benefit of the less fortunate, so it is money well spent.

Rgds,

Antonio
I like the good works that Goodwill does. They are really a great organization. And I also happen to really like shopping in their stores.
11-06-2016, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
A place called "PhotoMidwest" took the body, winder and the Sigma 70-210 lens. I wasn't stupid enough to get rid of the 50 1.4. They'll put the ME Super to good use. Win win for all.
11-19-2016, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

A place called "PhotoMidwest" took the body, winder and the Sigma 70-210 lens. I wasn't stupid enough to get rid of the 50 1.4. They'll put the ME Super to good use. Win win for all.
Great, I might have to look into a donation there too. When I decided to stop collecting film cams, I sold most of those with actual monetary value here and on ebay (P67, KX, LX), but still have several of the more common models left that I no longer use or care about displaying. It would be nice to send them somewhere that they might get used.