Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2016, 12:53 AM   #1

Nikon 24mm f/2.8 AF-D mount to Pentax K1000 body

Hello, im new to film camera and i really want to know if i can mount this lens ( nikon 24mm f/2.8 AF-D ) to my K1000 body.Is there any adapter for it?

11-05-2016, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The short answer is no. Better to just get a manual Pentax lens

The long answer is that you can use the lens via an adapter that acts as a teleconverter, but this will negatively impact the image quality and shrink your field of view. A mount modification will allow you to mount the Nikon lens directly, but you won't be able to focus to infinity. Older manual focus lenses can be mounted in a makeshift manner without a mount modification, but you still won't get infinity focus.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-05-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Nikon and Pentax mounts are somewhat compatible. You can mount the lens, but it will NOT lock in place. I think you are also limited to manual exposure and manual focus. As you would be if mounting this on a film K1000 body.

Best to get a Pentax mount lens for a Pentax body.

There are also no adapters to mount Nikon to Pentax.

Regards

Chris
11-05-2016, 05:05 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

The long answer is that you can use the lens via an adapter that acts as a teleconverter, but this will negatively impact the image quality and shrink your field of view. A mount modification will allow you to mount the Nikon lens directly, but you won't be able to focus to infinity. Older manual focus lenses can be mounted in a makeshift manner without a mount modification, but you still won't get infinity focus.
Oh i see..I've tried to mount it and but not locked and yes, the focus is not infinity.I get it now.
Thanks a lot Adam!

11-05-2016, 05:10 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seventhdr Quote
The Nikon and Pentax mounts are somewhat compatible. You can mount the lens, but it will NOT lock in place. I think you are also limited to manual exposure and manual focus. As you would be if mounting this on a film K1000 body.

Best to get a Pentax mount lens for a Pentax body.

There are also no adapters to mount Nikon to Pentax.

Regards

Chris
Yeah, but i read somewhere on other blog that they can perfectly mount and locked it but they need to modded the lens.They use super strong glue and mount the adapter behind the lens
Alrite, thats all i need to know.Thank you so much seventhdr
11-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Since the mount is slightly shorter on Pentax, you should actually get infinity focus slightly early rather than not at all. I can verify this today with a non-ai 50mm.

Also the adaptist mount is only available for weather resistant DSLR bodies, the non-wr version is discontinued. Even that non-wr version never claimed to work with the k1000 or any film body.

Lastly, they claim that Nikon should give infinity focus on their mount but possibly earlier than infinity is marked. They offer shims to help make the lens more secure on their mount.
11-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As others have said, it's possible but a pain, not really worth it. Better to get a 24mm (Pentax, Tamron, or Kiron) for the K1000, or an FM2 for the 24mm Nikkor. Which is best for you depends on your goals and existing equipment.