Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2008, 08:14 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no it works with both. and very well I might add.

There's no reason for it not to work. I wish I had this toy.

08-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Thanks, seamuis

Do you notice a certain range of acceptability in the focus confirmation feature--that is, if you adjust very slightly either way, will the light remain green? I gather the confirmation may have at least something to do with the selected aperture.
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #18
Banned

Original Poster
its actually quite sensitive and I have a hard time keeping it green as the camera moves slightly, I think its more sensitive than my K110D's 'green hexagon' focus indicator. if there isn't enough contrast for it to identify focus it will light up both red arrows (see pic of manual in first post) I have tested only 2.8 and 3.5 lenses on it (go figure as those are the two selections) smc-A 35mm 2.8 and S-M-C Takumar 135mm 3.5 but regardless of selected aperture it seems to work well. I can also rely on the audible tone to help as well. though in all honesty my eyesight is well enough that the split-image focusing screen is more than enough to get proper focus.

here she is decked out in Takumar

and here she is right after I got her, setup beside my workhorse.
08-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #19
Veteran Member

My eyesight is good, too.

Well, seamuis, you are the culprit...for details, see the thread I just posted here.

Regards,
Glen