Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
12-20-2016, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A Pristine H2

Hello All,

Just picked up an absolutely beeeeautiful black Pentax H2 with the 55mm f/2 Auto Takumar in as pristine condition as one can get I would think. It was just CLA'd so it's in perfect working order, looking (almost) and working like new!

Operationally, the shutter advance is incredibly smooth, the speeds are right on as far as I can tell and the glass is spotless. There's only very minor brassing, so it shows minimal use... amazing considering the camera and I are the same age!

Cheers,

Allan

12-20-2016, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
beautiful combo!
12-20-2016, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice!
12-20-2016, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by cobbu2 Quote
Hello All,

Just picked up an absolutely beeeeautiful black Pentax H2 with the 55mm f/2 Auto Takumar in as pristine condition as one can get I would think. It was just CLA'd so it's in perfect working order, looking (almost) and working like new!

Operationally, the shutter advance is incredibly smooth, the speeds are right on as far as I can tell and the glass is spotless. There's only very minor brassing, so it shows minimal use... amazing considering the camera and I are the same age!

Cheers,

Allan
Sweet! Makes one want to go back, er - up to film again!

12-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnnynaps Quote
Sweet! Makes one want to go back, er - up to film again!
With nice rigs like this it would be difficult not to!
12-20-2016, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like you got a real nice copy, enjoy!

Phil.
12-20-2016, 08:52 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Phil, I certainly will; using the Auto Takumar will take a little extra getting used to!

12-21-2016, 04:34 AM - 1 Like   #8

A quick and dirty photo of a H2 I also recently acquired. This one is the rarer Asahi H2, as sold in Australia and South America. As you can see the speed selection dial is also a little different, with the X sync stuck to the left of the 30 and 60 rather than in between them.

12-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Ewins Quote
A quick and dirty photo of a H2 I also recently acquired. This one is the rarer Asahi H2, as sold in Australia and South America. As you can see the speed selection dial is also a little different, with the X sync stuck to the left of the 30 and 60 rather than in between them.
Interesting and rare example of an Asahi H2! There were other variants as described here (Asahi Pentax 1957-64 - www.pentax-slr.com), made and sold for different worldwide markets.
12-24-2016, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Thanks Phil, I certainly will; using the Auto Takumar will take a little extra getting used to!
If it is at F/5.6 or wider focus @/2 and shoot rest of sequence works ok, if in hurry. They have nice signature.
12-24-2016, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mmmmmm. Black. Very nice!
12-25-2016, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Yeah, I thought Asahis were all S-numbered and only the Honeywell/Heiland cameras were H, but there you go.

OP's is just beautiful.

My Asahi Pentax S1a has the X-sync positioned in the manner of Paul Ewins' camera.

I had planned to shoot next with my inherited P3, but looking at this makes me want to pull the S1a out for another roll.
12-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Still waiting for a chance to see some action... hopefully this coming week and I'll show the results as soon as I can.
12-26-2016, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Ewins Quote
Hey.
I don't think this was sold only in those markets, but in general it was sold in Europe alongside the S2. What color is the R on the rewind knob? My copy has a orange R.

But really cool to see a black copy.
12-26-2016, 09:38 PM - 1 Like   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hey.
What color is the R on the rewind knob? My copy has a orange R.
The R is orange now, but I suspect it started out red and faded.