Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #1

Found an old Super Program, need help please!

I recently found an old super program in the back of a closet in surprisingly good condition.

Cleaned it up a bit, bought some new batteries and film and it worked great!

I've taken 3 pictures, but now there is an issue with the batteries (I think). Whenever I put the batteries in, the external LCD will display "125," however, once I press the shutter release button, it fades away.

The batteries are brand new and worked a few hours ago, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

01-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's perfectly normal. The camera sets itself to a shutter speed of 1/125 while it exposes the first few frames of the film. It's just the camera's way of making sure you are on an unexposed frame when you start to take photo's that matter. It should work fine after that.
01-01-2017, 11:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
That's perfectly normal. The camera sets itself to a shutter speed of 1/125 while it exposes the first few frames of the film. It's just the camera's way of making sure you are on an unexposed frame when you start to take photo's that matter. It should work fine after that.
That isn't correct; the camera sets 1/1000 shutter speed until you wind the film past 0. It will show 125 if you have the mode dial set to the 125 setting, or if you have manually set the shutter speed to 125 with the buttons.

I've heard people talk here about some sort of circuit board failure, maybe that is causing the fading away, but I don't know the symptoms of circuit board problems.

Last edited by leekil; 01-02-2017 at 12:38 AM.
01-02-2017, 01:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
That isn't correct; the camera sets 1/1000 shutter speed until you wind the film past 0. It will show 125 if you have the mode dial set to the 125 setting, or if you have manually set the shutter speed to 125 with the buttons.

I've heard people talk here about some sort of circuit board failure, maybe that is causing the fading away, but I don't know the symptoms of circuit board problems.
You're right - it's years since I sold mine. I stand corrected.

01-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote

I'll look into circuit board problem. The shutter speed button is stuck, could that be a related issue?

Thanks!
01-03-2017, 07:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kcchmie Quote
I'll look into circuit board problem. The shutter speed button is stuck, could that be a related issue?

Thanks!
Before stripping get some electrical contact cleaner normally aerosol can, spray into container and use darning needle or tweezers to transfer drips down button periphery try daily for week, leave batteries out just in case.
01-17-2017, 05:32 AM   #7

Might it be grease from your fingers making the battery connection touchy?