Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

How very cool...Congrats on the new stress reliever...
Can't wait to see images from it.

08-07-2008, 03:17 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If we start a rumor that you can mount a ME-F on a Canon DSLR, the prices will go through the roof. You know, for the film look, but you still have auto focus...
08-07-2008, 05:59 AM   #18
Banned

I will have that lens for my own ME-F.
08-07-2008, 06:39 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I appreciate all of the replies.

JCSullivan: You will be first in line for the flash. I will contact you once I receive it. When selling something, I always try to offer it at a fair and reasonable price.

Glen

Last edited by zx-m; 08-07-2008 at 06:46 AM.
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Javier,

I forgot to note: yes, taking photographs is a pleasant activity--excellent stress relief.

Regards,
Glen
08-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zx-m Quote
I appreciate all of the replies.

JCSullivan: You will be first in line for the flash. I will contact you once I receive it. When selling something, I always try to offer it at a fair and reasonable price.

Glen
Glen, thanks for the very fair price - I was thinking it was a Viv 283.
Sorry about that and thanks for your time.
08-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No problem, JC...actually, I have a Viv 2800, and the Phoenix flash has more functionality. After you responded, I decided to sell the flash to KEH.

08-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #23
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by zx-m Quote
No problem, JC...actually, I have a Viv 2800, and the Phoenix flash has more functionality. After you responded, I decided to sell the flash to KEH.

so have you made your money back? by the way the lens is pretty decent, sharper than I would have expected.. suffers pretty bad from PF even at smaller apertures but as I shoot pretty much all black & white its of no bother.
08-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I am glad you like the lens. I sent the flash to KEH. If it grades well, I might break even on the deal.

While I have done well in a few eBay auctions, these "clinkers" have soured me on eBay. I posted negative feedback for the seller. I had originally requested to return the camera. After three days, he never replied. Now that I posted negative feedback, he is upset. He says he was "away for the weekend." I posted my feedback yesterday, after 5pm. I find it odd that he responds all of a sudden--only after the feedback was posted, of course. He says I was unfair for posting the feedback. I wonder how fair he thinks his item description was. He talks around the issue, and refuses to realize that, if the description were accurate, the matter would have been avoided.

Last edited by zx-m; 08-12-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo
08-13-2008, 05:03 AM   #25
Banned

yea you get some people like that, typically its those who dont know squat about cameras and are selling some garage or estate sale camera. for what its worth my MEF had to have the mirror foam replaced it was destroyed but you couldnt see that in the photos. I just happened to have a replacement kit (also bought on ebay) and did it myself. I told the seller about it and he immediatly appologized and asked me If I would like to return the camera for a refund. it was no big deal really but I was happy he was accomidating. It really comes down to choosing the right sellers... sometimes you have to pass up a potentially good deal because the seller. ebay itself is just fine and I use it often to find things I otherwise wouldnt be able to. I wouldnt let that spoil ebay for you, just take it as a lesson learned and next time ask more questions, get more info before purchasing.