Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-09-2017, 09:12 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Problem 99% solved

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Ultrafine sells empty reloadable cartridges DX-coded for ISO 400.

These DX override stickers will allow you to choose ISO 400, 800 or 1600:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-10-pcs-DX-stickers-for-pushing-pulling-35mm-film-ISO-400-800-or-1600-/391427444283

Chris

03-10-2017, 01:05 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Ultrafine sells empty reloadable cartridges DX-coded for ISO 400.

These DX override stickers will allow you to choose ISO 400, 800 or 1600:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-10-pcs-DX-stickers-for-pushing-pulling-35mm-film-ISO-400-800-or-1600-/391427444283

Chris
I make my own from paper, glue and tin foil, though I now have so many film cameras that if I know I'm going to push a film I simply choose one of my many others rather than a P series.
03-10-2017, 04:55 AM   #18
Veteran Member

It is however nice to know that option exists if there's a certain attachment to a particular body limited in that area.

The only other pentax body I have is an MZ-6, which I never use despite having bought a new battery for it because 1) I have no autofocus lens, and 2) the matte screen suchs for manually focusing. But least the MZ-6 is quite easy to set the ISO since it's right on the dial and a couple pushes for speed selection.
03-11-2017, 01:24 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kb244 Quote
It is however nice to know that option exists if there's a certain attachment to a particular body limited in that area.

The only other pentax body I have is an MZ-6, which I never use despite having bought a new battery for it because 1) I have no autofocus lens, and 2) the matte screen suchs for manually focusing. But least the MZ-6 is quite easy to set the ISO since it's right on the dial and a couple pushes for speed selection.
I think you can still use focus confirmation on the MZ-6 when using manual focus lenses.

03-11-2017, 01:47 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I think you can still use focus confirmation on the MZ-6 when using manual focus lenses.
Seems to do so, tried it with two of my lens, it takes a bit of work to get it on the Rokinon 85mm f/1.4, but there is a little green dot that shows up above the meter/shutter display on the right, just seems to take a bit of back and forth to get it to show up (but could be heavily dependent on the contrast of the scene). Does a fair bit better with the Pentax-M 50/1.4 attached.

With the Rokinon 85/1.4 (the only KA style mount I have that's faster than f/2.8, allowing an "A" mode on the lens), the MZ-6 only lets me open up to f/2.0 doesn't seem to allow wider than that for A mode on the lens. After having used my MX for a couple weeks, the MZ-6 viewfinder is even more painful to look at apparently. It's an extremely clean body with full manual control just the way I like it, just a shame I don't put it to some more use especially without an AF lens to ease the VF burden, but I might just end up selling it to fund other photo arsenals (but kind of don't want to until I get a second body to accommodate the MX, even though I don't really *need* a second body, just a habit carried over from doing photo jobs to always have two of everything)

Main reason I have the MZ-6 is because I purchased it as a film backup to my Pentax K10D, since it could use almost all the lens I had at the time, and in a pinch I'd be able to grab that and pop a roll in and fire away.