Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone tried Bergger film?

I have been looking at their film, but so far haven't really been able to find much. In terms of B&W film I mostly use ACROS 100 and I like the look. I'd like to try something else, and while there is plenty of information about the usual suspects (Kodak and Ilford), there is little about Bergger... Just curious if anyone used it and what the feedback is...

03-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aurélien Le Duc is the company president. That should be a vote of confidence in itself. As for availability, the film was only released a few weeks ago. B&H lists it as does Freestyle, though both appear to be backordered. The pricing, particularly for the sheet film variants, is competitive enough that I am tempted to buy a box.

Steve
03-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Aurélien Le Duc is the company president. That should be a vote of confidence in itself. As for availability, the film was only released a few weeks ago. B&H lists it as does Freestyle, though both appear to be backordered. The pricing, particularly for the sheet film variants, is competitive enough that I am tempted to buy a box.

Steve
According to their website, their website is the only distributor in North America. I didn't know that B&H had it. The price is certainly good, it's the shipping that's expensive. $26USD flat, so it makes sense to buy a bunch (and in fact I think you can't order less than $30 net of shipping). So I wanted to find out more before investing...
03-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh...btw, the technical data sheet:

http://bergger.com/media/wysiwyg/Fiches_techniques/Pancro400_en.pdf

Steve

03-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
GPZ
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This guy is in the province of Quebec and he has some in stock Argentix.Ca - Films N&B, films noir et blanc,films noir & blanc,35mm,120,4x5,5x7,8x10,lith - B&W films,black and white films,black & white films. I dealt with him once, good service and reasonable freight charges.
03-08-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Thanks! I haven't seen it before. I must admit most of it is over my head... But might be useful for amateurs like me. I have been thinking of trying to develop my film. Haven't done it since early teens so can't really remember much. By the way, I have been thinking that now might be the time to pick up any darkroom equipment that one needs. With film (hopefully) coming back, I wonder if now darkroom equipment is as cheap as it's going to get... Maybe millenials are going to make a run for it and drive prices up...

---------- Post added 03-08-17 at 08:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GPZ Quote
This guy is in the province of Quebec and he has some in stock Argentix.Ca - Films N&B, films noir et blanc,films noir & blanc,35mm,120,4x5,5x7,8x10,lith - B&W films,black and white films,black & white films. I dealt with him once, good service and reasonable freight charges.
Thanks! I went to the website last week, but didn't notice Bergger. I must admit I was looking for Agfa, so maybe I was just not paying attention. Thanks for the note!
03-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bergger recently announced BRF400 Plus in 35mm:
http://bergger.com/bergger-brf400-plus-1-film-135-36.html

and Panchro 400 in 35mm and 120:
http://bergger.com/nos-produits/films/pancro400-35.html

Chris