Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2018, 09:21 PM   #16

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I am German. Some extra pages from the beginning or end might clear it Up.

05-27-2018, 11:35 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tomorrowthomas Quote
I am German. Some extra pages from the beginning or end might clear it Up.
As a Norwegian, I am able to read some German, but I cannot find any info at all refering to a maker of this. Here is the first page with text.

Regards
Baard-Einar
Attached Images

05-28-2018, 02:59 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hey,

I think this will add to the confusion. But I bought a german instruction manual for a all-black camera that looks like a K1000 with a timer. What on earth?

/Baard-Einar
I think I'm more concerned that someone bothered to copy the lens that well... or found a crate of them and made new front trim rings...

-Eric
05-28-2018, 06:16 AM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I think I'm more concerned that someone bothered to copy the lens that well... or found a crate of them and made new front trim rings...

-Eric
I have one of these lenses and always wondered where it came from. Apart from the colours used on the distance scale it seems identical to the early style M50 f2.0.

05-29-2018, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hey,
I think this will add to the confusion. But I bought a german instruction manual for a all-black camera that looks like a K1000 with a timer. What on earth?
/Baard-Einar
I have that same User's Manual, written in German. It came with the used Presenta K1000 I bought 2 years ago.
10-18-2018, 06:48 AM   #21
jnd

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another anonymous K1000 clone popped on German eBay: Kamera body mit Pentax K Bajonettanschluss Camera Gehäuse | eBay
10-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #22
Pentaxian

As these things have self-timers (by the look of it, and DoF preview?) they are more like KM clones, not K1000 clones. The self-timer/DoF area may well have been made with the actual KM tooling, that being the only area where the two models significantly differed. I do notice that these clones omit the FP flash socket that the KM had; it is redundant anyway. However people seem to think that the K1000 has some mysterious advantage over the KM (or any other K-series camera) despite the fact that it was the bottom of the K-series range.

10-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
However people seem to think that the K1000 has some mysterious advantage over the KM (or any other K-series camera) despite the fact that it was the bottom of the K-series range.
There were over 3 million K1000s made. They are simply more commonly available...