Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

PZ-1 Frame Overlap and ZX Mirror Motor Replacement

Hi All,

I purchased a PZ-1 that works great, except that it has some frame overlap occasionally. I contacted Eric and he doesn't work on this camera. I can't find anyone to repair it. Does anyone know why its so hard to get this camera repaired?

Also, I have a ZX-10 that needs a new mirror motor, but they are out of stock at uscamera and procamerarepair. Does anyone know another source?

Thanks!
Josh

05-03-2017, 11:18 PM   #2

Lack of parts is probably the number one reason why nobody will work on these cameras. Once the supply is gone, as appears to be the case, you would have to take parts from another camera.

Is it the motor gone bad or just the gear that has cracked as is common with these cameras? If it this is the case you can order a suitable replacement. Though it would be up to you to replace the gear.

MZ5n mirror blocked, service manual? - Page 7 - PentaxForums.com
05-04-2017, 12:03 AM   #3

Original Poster
I think it may just be the gear, so I will order one and try it. Thanks so much!

It is a real shame that a camera in otherwise perfect condition would go into a junk pile. Do you have any idea what the cause of the overlapping frames might be? There are some parts cameras available online that I can purchase.
05-04-2017, 07:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Contact this shop: Repair | Advance Camera Inc.

Ask for Paul, he's very knowledgeable with Pentax film gear.