Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #31
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Besides Rollei and Pentax I believe there was a Kodak Retina--maybe a II or IIa--about the middle of the Russia segment.

12-29-2020, 02:50 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
In the UK tv adverts for the Jaguar F Pace Hybrid, the bloke is taking photos on what appears to be a 645Z before zooming into the red F on the lens then going off on a dream of the F pace... I suppose they are advertising the car rather than the camera.

---------- Post added 29-12-20 at 02:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Not TV but Radio. I just listened to Chris Evans interviewing David Bailey and there wasn't a single mention of Pentax. Olympus got a mention and his first camera was a Brownie but nothing about Pentax.
In the early 70s David Bailey was often in Amateur Photographer (UK) advertising the Pentax ESII.

Also in this early Pentax user article.
https://www.pentaxuser.com/article/pentax-user-archive--david-bailey-675

Last edited by stevejo; 12-29-2020 at 02:58 PM.
02-15-2021, 09:23 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Watching a blaxploitation film on TCM called Friday Foster...Pam Grier movie... The opening credits feature a cutout of a super takumar 55/1.8 lens, and the main character is a photographer shooting with a Pentax ESII. Also spotted in the movie is a Bronica S2 and a 4x5 speed graphic.

02-10-2022, 06:56 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Beatles: Get Back documentary on Disney+... 3/4 through episode 1, Linda Eastman comes to the rehearsal and is shooting with a Nikon F with a 105mm f/2.5. Right around that time you can spot a black Pentax ES (or ESII) on the piano. I couldn't tell which ES is was without rewinding and freezing the frame...and I didn't want to annoy my wife who was watching.

---------- Post added 02-10-22 at 07:01 AM ----------

Also...loved this commercial

02-10-2022, 08:03 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
The Beatles: Get Back documentary on Disney+... 3/4 through episode 1, Linda Eastman comes to the rehearsal and is shooting with a Nikon F with a 105mm f/2.5. Right around that time you can spot a black Pentax ES (or ESII) on the piano.
I missed the Pentax. I knew Ringo used one so I was sorta watching out. I certainly noticed Lindas Nikon and (Glyn's?) Nikkormat.
02-10-2022, 10:27 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
I missed the Pentax. I knew Ringo used one so I was sorta watching out. I certainly noticed Lindas Nikon and (Glyn's?) Nikkormat.
I went back and took a look...around the 2hr 6min mark. Now I think it's not an ES...just a black Spotmatic or maybe an SV.

02-10-2022, 11:53 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
I went back and took a look...around the 2hr 6min mark. Now I think it's not an ES...just a black Spotmatic or maybe an SV.
maybe it's a Spotmatic F... the lens has allot of writing... super-multi-coated Takumar variant.

12-13-2023, 04:05 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flipping around cable TV this morning I ran across an episode of The Brady Bunch
which prominently featured family members using a thinly disguised Pentax Spotmatic camera.
That big "H" (Honeywell) on the prism cover was the dead giveaway.
The episode was from 1974 and the camera appeared to have a hot shoe, so likely an SP II.

Carol (mother Florence Henderson) was using the camera for a photo course.
Sons Peter and Bobby borrowed the camera and tripod to photograph UFOs
which IIRC were prominent in popular culture around that time.

Chris
12-13-2023, 08:03 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Flipping around cable TV this morning I ran across an episode of The Brady Bunch
which prominently featured family members using a thinly disguised Pentax Spotmatic camera.
Is that the one where they find Alice's lost recipe shows up in the background of a photo?