Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-09-2017, 10:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had my MX (my main black one of the the three I have total haha) longer than any other Pentax camera, and the more that time-span grows and the more I try other cameras of various eras and makes, the more I adore the MX.

If I shed all my bodies but two I'd personally keep it and the MZ-S. Adore the LX but I don't trust it in the way I trust the MX.

(Also, I can keep my KX because *technically* I gave it to my father so it is sort of in "off-site storage".)

Of Pentax-persuasion there is
... MX (times 3), LX, MZ-3, MZ-S, 645Nii, 67, K-3 ...
I'm pretty sure that's all I have now. Wow. Fewer than I thought. I'm good.

06-10-2017, 10:18 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gutter rock Quote
Thanks! However I don't want it to sound like a down and out story. Just trying to raise some extra funds to take my family to the beach for a week.
Good job keeping your priorities straight.

As you already know, only the LX will give you the extra funds and obviously for good reason.

BTW, I would occasionally post some of mine on local CL - without intending to sell, just to get an idea of what people may be willing to pay.

Last edited by LesDMess; 06-10-2017 at 10:24 AM.
06-10-2017, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
LX CLA does not have to be that expensive. I had my serviced for $80 USD...
Where? What was done?
06-11-2017, 03:44 AM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gutter rock Quote
Gotta sell something.. LX?
Think I'd sell Lady Kerrowdown (wife)... before one of my LXs.

06-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Where? What was done?
It had a sticky mirror problem. It wouldn't focus to infinity. One of the forum members had his LX serviced there, so he recommended the place. Actually I was wrong, they charged me $50 for fixing the sticky mirror, CLA, and a new battery... Mind you, it focuses alright, but I just finished my first roll after getting it back, so am yet to see photos...

Professional Camera Repair - Houston, Texas, Sensor Cleaning, Digital Camera Repair, Film Camera Repair, Medium and Large Format Camera Repairs