Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2017, 08:41 AM   #1

K1000 SE hand grip?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi all,

I tried doing some searching but wasn't able to find anything. Does a hand grip exist for the K1000/K1000SE? I know they don't support a winder but was wondering, given the popularity of the camera, if there were any options for a way to add a bulkier grip.

Thanks!

06-29-2017, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Without any method to attach one built into the camera that will be difficult. I suppose some contraption utilising the tripod mount may be possible.
06-29-2017, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

There was no dedicated grip for the K1000. The best I can offer for things that might fit:
  • The traditional and very generic flash/accessory grip for the left hand attached to the tripod mount
  • Padded hand grip that attaches to strap lug and tripod socket
  • Custom-carved wood grip (Google search)
At one time there were various vendors who offered CNC machined grips for various vintage SLRs, but those seem to have disappeared. Pity too that Mr. Zhou has never offered one of his excellent, sculpted half-cases to fit the K-1000.

Steve
06-29-2017, 09:54 AM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I did a little obsessive searching and wonder if the linked item below might work:

Camera Skidproof Hand Grip For Sony RX100 M2 M3 RX100 III II + 3M Adhesive | eBay

The same vendor has several similar glue-on grips in different styles.

Steve

06-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Without any method to attach one built into the camera that will be difficult. I suppose some contraption utilising the tripod mount may be possible.
I figured that. Was a little bummed to see there wasn't a motor drive to help with the grip but also didn't want to take away from the manual feature so its no big deal

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

There was no dedicated grip for the K1000. The best I can offer for things that might fit:
  • The traditional and very generic flash/accessory grip for the left hand attached to the tripod mount
  • Padded hand grip that attaches to strap lug and tripod socket
  • Custom-carved wood grip (Google search)
At one time there were various vendors who offered CNC machined grips for various vintage SLRs, but those seem to have disappeared. Pity too that Mr. Zhou has never offered one of his excellent, sculpted half-cases to fit the K-1000.

Steve
I'll have to do some more Googling. I've seen a really nice wooden grip for the Pentax 6x7 by someone named Snapu(?).

I did a little obsessive searching and wonder if the linked item below might work:

Camera Skidproof Hand Grip For Sony RX100 M2 M3 RX100 III II + 3M Adhesive | eBay

The same vendor has several similar glue-on grips in different styles.

Steve
This looks nice. I might have to give it a try.

Thanks for the replies!
06-29-2017, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

I really liked the Super Program finger grip, and was kind of bummed that the older K-series cameras didn't have something similar, and they really needed something to help them feel better in the hand. So I bought a set of Flipbac grips.

I bought one for the front of the camera, and one for the back as a thumb grip, and it now feels really natural. I have a K2 and K1000, so I bought three in total. They trim real easy; they're made of soft rubber, and cut straight and clean. I trimmed up the front-mounted ones just a little to fit nicely on the camera, and trimmed a half-inch or so strip for the thumb grip.

The adhesive works "good enough," but probably not great for long-term use, and definitely not for heavy use, especially in warm weather. They start to slide around a little. I haven't secured them on with Gorilla Glue yet, but that's my plan.
06-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I really liked the Super Program finger grip, and was kind of bummed that the older K-series cameras didn't have something similar, and they really needed something to help them feel better in the hand. So I bought a set of Flipbac grips.

I bought one for the front of the camera, and one for the back as a thumb grip, and it now feels really natural. I have a K2 and K1000, so I bought three in total. They trim real easy; they're made of soft rubber, and cut straight and clean. I trimmed up the front-mounted ones just a little to fit nicely on the camera, and trimmed a half-inch or so strip for the thumb grip.

The adhesive works "good enough," but probably not great for long-term use, and definitely not for heavy use, especially in warm weather. They start to slide around a little. I haven't secured them on with Gorilla Glue yet, but that's my plan.
Cool! These would be helpful to many people

For anyone who wish to buy directly from Adorama:

Flipbac buy at Adorama

Steve

06-30-2017, 03:59 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Forum Member

A Ricoh power grip PG-4 will fit if you either make a hole in the base plate for the locating pin or file the pin down on the winder.
Its not a good fit on my KX as the DoF/mirror lockup button is in the way but the self timer lever is ok
06-30-2017, 07:28 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote

I may consider this. Though, given that the K1000 body is textured I wonder how well it would work even with the gorilla glue. It's a cheap enough solution, though! Thanks for this!

Cool! These would be helpful to many people

For anyone who wish to buy directly from Adorama:

Flipbac buy at Adorama

Steve
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlH Quote
A Ricoh power grip PG-4 will fit if you either make a hole in the base plate for the locating pin or file the pin down on the winder.
Its not a good fit on my KX as the DoF/mirror lockup button is in the way but the self timer lever is ok
CarlH, this looks promising. Checked on eBay and found they're super cheap and someone nearby had one for a great BIN price. I'm going to give this a shot and I'll take some photos along the way in case this works out and anyone else can benefit.