Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2017, 03:07 AM   #1

Pentax Auto 110 problem

Hi,
I've just bought Pentax Auto 110 but it doesn't work.
Without batteries there is one exposure time, about 1/30.
With batteries exposure time after firing the shutter can be about few minutes. Shutter all the time lasts open and then just closes in normal way.
I've tested it without film.
What is wrong? How to repair it? I have experience with repairing film cameras I have too a service manual. But it is always better to ask someone before.
Thank you for your reply,
Krzysztof

08-04-2017, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
If it is firing with no batteries, then that is odd...? You should hear the click, but the release should relies on separate part to capture and hold for the magnet to time the release. If you are looking to get inside, look for the rails and the armature that rides on it. It sound like an issue there. If the rails are clear, look at the small tab along the mirror cage. If it is clogged...

...then the shutter does not come to rest and the system does not reset...forever repeating the firing sequence.

Below is the other actuator that might be having problems.

Last edited by MysteryOnion; 08-04-2017 at 08:18 AM.
08-04-2017, 08:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your reply!
I took Pentax from the shelf where it stayed for few days and now the problem is quite different - shutter delivers speeds that look ok but sometimes in place where there was "green light" and fast time, there is an "orange light" and about 1 second - and next shoot may be again ok. I've checked - without batteries mirror is going up and down, but shutter stays close - my fault
08-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Sounds like not enough power it detected by the... name might be... exposure solution circuit? So the meter is sending a range of voltage...just as an example .7 to 2.3 volts to the timer circuit. The correct reading might be 1.6, but the connection is dirty and it finds only .9 and thinks that it is dark. This could be a corroded connection?

08-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you! I will check the connections. Indeed it may be electrical connection problem.