Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Three back with CLA from Eric

I just got my three K series back from CLA at Eric's yesterday.

The K1000 SE was in the worst cosmetic condition and the back was closing with seemingly a ton of gap in the seal area. You could squeeze the door and it would easily omve in and out a noticeable amount. I never even trusted it enough to waste a $2 roll of film testing it because I was certain that there were leaks. I paid a lot for this one ($75) but it was in functioning condition, cleaned up VERY well, is an early version with the "KX bump," and actually originally came from the camera shop that I shopped at in my hometown when I was a kid. Now it is in wonderful shape and it closes up like a fine Italian double gun. All the slack is gone and the whole camera just seems so pristine. I can't wait to use it.

I wasn't in the market for the KM but I got it for $25 from KEH in beautiful cosmetic condition advertised as not working. The prism has some damage down in the corner that I never even noticed until Eric told me it was there. The meter was not working and Eric replaced it for the unheard of price of just $18. The CLA and seals were the usual price but the camera is wonderful now. A K1000 with DOF preview, I can't wait to get this one out for a workout!

The last one is a KX that looks almost new but the shutter was having accuracy problems. I got it in a lot of four Pentaxes for $15 and resold one of them for $40 so I essentially got paid to take this one. Now it is pretty much like a new camera in every respect and I'm only into it for a total of about $75 all things considered.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my collection now for CLAs and I'm really enjoying using all of them. My ME was the first and it is a gem. The SV that I paid $5 for came back looking, feeling, and functioning like a fine swiss watch. I like it best out of all of my M42s, even more than the K. I'll be sending the AP out soon so we'll see if it displaces the SV when I get it back.

So far I've had done the ME SE (like new and probably didn't need the CLA), the K, the SV, the K1000 SE, the KM, and the KX. That leaves the AP, S1a, Spotmatic, Super A, Super Program, ME F, MX, 2 ME Supers, and the LX to be done yet. I'll be doing the AP and the Spotmatic next because they are the last of my collection that actually NEED CLA. the others are all functioning well and don't seem to need work but I'll probably send the ME Super that sees the most use with the two M42s just because it has no mirror bumper left so that's kind of an indication that it could use some attention.

09-11-2017, 03:54 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Everyone remembers their first Eric CLA. For those who never bought a film camera back in the day it's almost like taking one out of the box for the first time, he tidies them up so well.
09-11-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would appreciate some pictures of the old ladies beauties.
09-11-2017, 08:55 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here you go:

KM

KX

K1000 SE

Last edited by ctrout; 09-11-2017 at 09:17 PM.