Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-29-2017, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Current backlog for Eric

I just emailed Eric today to ask what his current turnaround time is and he quoted me a month. Tomorrow I'll be sending the last three of my M42 bodies to him for full servicing. He's Done my K, and my SV so tomorrow I'm sending my AP, my Spotmatic, and my S1a. Once these are done, I have an ME Super that Ivanvernan gave to me a few weeks ago that seems to have some dirty contacts but otherwise works well. Once I finish the roll that's in it right now I'll know for sure. This ME Super will probably end up being my primary hiking/bad weather/ knockaround camera so I'll get the full CLA for it once these M42s return and then I'll probably be done with sending bodies for service for a while. Eric has done my ME SE and my three K bodies (K1000, KM, KX) so those should be good for nearly the rest of my life. I have another ME Super, an ME F, an MX,an LX, a Super Program and a Super A that haven't been serviced but they seem to be completely solid with not so much as a flake of bumper foam coming loose so I'll probably just shoot with these until I see a problem.

09-30-2017, 06:45 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Eric is a GREAT service for us Pentaxians
09-30-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote
I just emailed Eric today to ask what his current turnaround time is and he quoted me a month. Tomorrow I'll be sending the last three of my M42 bodies to him for full servicing. He's Done my K, and my SV so tomorrow I'm sending my AP, my Spotmatic, and my S1a. Once these are done, I have an ME Super that Ivanvernan gave to me a few weeks ago that seems to have some dirty contacts but otherwise works well. Once I finish the roll that's in it right now I'll know for sure. This ME Super will probably end up being my primary hiking/bad weather/ knockaround camera so I'll get the full CLA for it once these M42s return and then I'll probably be done with sending bodies for service for a while. Eric has done my ME SE and my three K bodies (K1000, KM, KX) so those should be good for nearly the rest of my life. I have another ME Super, an ME F, an MX,an LX, a Super Program and a Super A that haven't been serviced but they seem to be completely solid with not so much as a flake of bumper foam coming loose so I'll probably just shoot with these until I see a problem.
Glad the ME Super is working for you--sorry about the dirty contacts!
09-30-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I carried it around at my daughter's wedding last week with a 40mm f2.8 and it was wonderful. The dirty contacts aren't really a problem. I just noticed that it seems to have been carried or used quite a bit and in its life, picked up some dust and grit, particularly under the exposure compensation dial. There was also initially some flickering in the LEDs. I manipulated the controls a bit and all of this has cleared up enough to use it and it's working well with no issues. I can tell though that it was time for a good clean and lube before it starts giving any reliability issues. For what I paid for it, it's very well worth it for me to send it to Eric.

09-30-2017, 09:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I wish we had an Eric over here in Europe. Servicing here is much more expensive here and the one camera I paid for a full service stopped working after very little use.
09-30-2017, 04:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Eric is reasonably priced, does quick turnaround, and produces excellent work. I understand he is training his replacement; good for him.

Church Key
09-30-2017, 07:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's part of the reason I've been sending my stuff to him lately. I'm aware that he's probably getting close to retirement so I want to know that all of my gear was serviced by the legend. If I get it all done now, chances are that my gear will still be functioning well, after I am not.

10-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I sent Eric my recently acquired K2DMD and KM black bodies for CLA foam and seals.

Chris
10-16-2017, 12:21 PM   #9

I just got back from the post office. I'm sending him my K1000. Earlier this year, he CLA'd my mother's K1000 - the camera that took probably all of the pictures of me growing up. That's good to know what his turnaround is currently. It'd be awesome to have mine back in time for the holidays, and I'm hoping to do a 365 with it next year.
10-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In a recent email Eric mentioned he plans to take some time off soon,
so it is probably a good idea to email before sending him any repairs.

Chris