Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-26-2017, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Merry Christmas. Just stopping by

Hey Folks. Just dropping by. Been a tough couple of months. 2017 was not a great year. Hoping 2018 is a lot better. Had to have a fur baby put to sleep. He had only been with us for a month and a half. Lost an Uncle to cancer. Dad had a stroke. Lost one of my extended family to cancer/pneumonia. Mother in law got bad news about her cancer situation. Started a new job with a lot of stress that I had to deal with. (went from outside sales to a store manager.)
Ok now that that is off my chest. Christmas was yesterday. One of the things I received was a new lens from son #3. it is a Soligor 80-200 zoom. Well it doesn't work on my Pentax but it does on my Cannon T50. The only reason I am posting here is because it is a film camera. Also because it is a new lens. My son got it because it was about to be thrown away. Yes into the garbage. He snatched it up and I was the only person he knew that might have some idea what to do with it.
Looking through it looks to be very clear, the zoom works well. I can't wait till I get a roll of film through it to see what the pictures look like.
Well that is about it. I at least got something camera related. THAT doesn't happen every day. Have a great weekend folks and be safe. It is cold outside here. (N.E. Oregon)

12-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like your year had about a decade crammed into it. Hopefully things start to smooth out for you. I had a year like that a long time ago and although my recovery was slow, things eventually got back on an even keel. Nice score on the lens. You'll have to post up some shots when you've run a roll through. I have been waiting to see a thread started about all of the photo gear under the trees this year. I got a camera that I have wanted since I was a teenager, the Nikonos V. Happy new year!
12-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Merry Christmas! I'm sorry to hear about your rough year. Hang in there though! Let's hope 2018 will be your Renaissance Year!
12-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Happy Holidays!!

12-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 80turbota Quote
2017 was not a great year.
Sorry to hear of this - that is a tough year! You are certainly due to a rebound year.

QuoteOriginally posted by 80turbota Quote
it is a Soligor 80-200 zoom.
I'm not familiar with this lens, but the Soligor name is quite common. I hope that you can give this lens a new life.
12-28-2017, 06:04 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you folks. the last 3 months or so has been quite challenging to say the least. Have been taking a few snapshots with the new lens. I haven't gotten enough to get a roll developed yet but I am working that direction. Maybe this weekend I will use up the roll and see what I got. Through the viewfinder it looks pretty good.