Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2018, 04:44 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
If you never had a need to use - and you live in far colder climate then I do, then I would likely never use it either . . . but I still want one!
Do you want mine? send me a PM.

01-09-2018, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Do you want mine? send me a PM.
Gladly! PM sent.
02-11-2018, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Barrd-Einar, I recieved the package containing the LX Battery cord last week - a big thank you for your generosity!

What a well thought out accessory! It comes with a 4 foot cord and you simply remove the batteries from your LX and put it in the two cel holder at the end of the cord.

It never even dawned on me that a tripod extension may be needed - depending on the tripod used.
I have a small Manfrotto without a quick release and it is small enough that it doesn't interfere with the cord.

But on another with a quick release, the extender is definitely needed.

Overall another fine accessory for the Pentax LX!

Last edited by LesDMess; 02-11-2018 at 03:35 PM.
02-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad to help. It did take its time across the Atlantic.

Cool to see it attached as well. I never tried it myself. Guess I had some of my allowance left that just needed to be spent in a teenage frenzy.

02-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a special black plastic Tripod Spacer for the LX. It looks like a knurled knob with a tripod screw on one end and a seat on the other. It so happens I have one. Now I know what it is used for.
02-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Glad to help. It did take its time across the Atlantic.

Cool to see it attached as well. I never tried it myself. Guess I had some of my allowance left that just needed to be spent in a teenage frenzy.
It came just in time for our trip to the mountains to get into some snow as I figured it could come in handy in the cold. Unfortunately it didn't get much below 50° but it still worked perfectly!
Since I have never seen it listed in any publication, I wonder how much it cost back then?
02-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
It came just in time for our trip to the mountains to get into some snow as I figured it could come in handy in the cold. Unfortunately it didn't get much below 50° but it still worked perfectly!
Since I have never seen it listed in any publication, I wonder how much it cost back then?
I bought mine early 1980's as a teenager living in Tokyo, what I paid back then, is a puzzle. But I did find it in the 1985 price list for Norway. It cost 225 norwegian Kr back then. That would be 536 NOK in 2018 currency> About 69USD.

Then I found it in an old brouchure that I have had since way back. It is listed under "other accessories".

The tripod spacer is not listed or shown, but it was included when I bought the cable.

/Baard-Einar

Attached Images