Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2018, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Perhaps the Winder MX battery compartment fastener was designed by the same Pentax engineer
who gave us the K2/K2DMD film speed/exposure compensation controls.

Chris

02-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just bought a Winder MX last month and it took me the longest time to figure out how to open the battery compartment. I was scratching my head in puzzlement over that one. Never seen such a design for a battery compartment. I guess I'd better treat it with kid gloves, now that I know its foibles.

You know, on the topic of reliable operation, I felt I ought to mention a situation I had with mine when I first mounted it to my MX. Well, when I first mounted it, it wasn't syncing properly. I'd hit the shutter release on the drive, for example, and it would wind the film, then trip the shutter. When I switched the winder over to "C" it didn't make any difference. It still wanted to wind the film first. I recall dismounting and remounting it several times, and tripping the shutter on the camera, trying to get it to sync correctly and all of a sudden, it just woke up and started working right, both on "S" and "C". I don' t know what I did to correct it, or if it was anything I did at all. So anyway, the moral to the story is, if your winder isn't working right, just futz with the durned thing and maybe it'll wake up and fly right.

Last edited by cooltouch; 02-19-2018 at 02:23 PM.