Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2018, 05:07 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks @stevebrot for that. It's been a learning experience for more.

Frankly, I hardly ever use the AF200FG as I thought it would be useful with my K-7 (and now k-3) but will it nominally has a higher guide number in practice it doesn't seem to do anything more than the in-build flash on those bodies. That's why I wanted to know if it could be used with the Super A (with no inbuilt flash).

Do others find the AF200FG useful?

04-30-2018, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't think "Programed Auto Flash" in the brochure and P-TTL are actually different things.
That is one of the privileges of being old and having photography as a hobby for almost 50 years. I remember when this stuff was new.
As for "Programed Auto Flash", that was the ability of the flash to coordinate aperture, shutter speed, and ISO with the camera when the flash units such as the AF280T are in "Auto" (using the sensor on the flash) mode. The sets the ISO on the flash and the flash sets the shutter speed and aperture on the camera. This was very cool at the time. Interestingly, this feature is still supported on my K-3 when using my AF280T.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-30-2018 at 09:19 AM.
04-30-2018, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Theov39 Quote
That's why I wanted to know if it could be used with the Super A (with no inbuilt flash).
It can be, but only as a fully manual unit with chance of some dedication (may set shutter speed and indicate flash ready).

Steve