Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #1

Can we use Pentax ME back lid on Pentax ME SUPER

Hello everyone,

As the title, I have Pentax ME SUPER but on its back lid do not has a pushing pad. Can I use back lid of other model on ME SUPER?

Thanks

06-13-2018, 12:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Well the "me super" looks like an upgrade of the same chasis of the "me" in electronics and buttons, so they would be compayible in my opinion, I would give it a try.
06-13-2018, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I just swapped the backs between an ME Super, a Super Program, and an ME. They all fit the same.

The only difference was the Super Program back has a thumbgrip on the back.

But if you wanted to keep the original back (maybe it's in better cosmetic condition than your donor), you can transplant a pressure plate into it with a little work.

Lift it up carefully and you'll see the spring plate that holds it onto the back. Lift it away from the back far enough, and it will unclip on the side nearest the hinge. Then it pivots off on the other side.

Reverse procedure to install it on the other back.
06-21-2018, 10:17 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shyrsio Quote
Well the "me super" looks like an upgrade of the same chasis of the "me" in electronics and buttons, so they would be compayible in my opinion, I would give it a try.
Thank you very much.

I will try to get back of Super Program, it look more comfortable.

06-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The texture of the leatherette on the Super Program is different than that of the ME and ME Super. The Super Program back will fit mechanically, but it will not visually match.