Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
10-29-2021, 02:34 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sounds like the Vivitar V3800N that Disconnect mentioned is the one...
Kindof a plastic MX with a multiple exposure button
The LX and MZ-S aren't inexpensive, and the ZX-6/L doesn't use a standard release (and has the mirror gear failure issue that's so common).

-Eric

10-29-2021, 06:02 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Please excuse me resurrecting an old thread.

I'm planning some multiple exposure images where the camera will be firmly mounted on a tripod. As a result, anything involving the film rewind button is not going to be easy or even possible. Any recommendations for something (a) inexpensive (b) K mount (c) standard cable release (d) reliable?

Something like an MX with a multiple exp button would be perfect!

Thanks, Kris.
I haven't done many multiple exposures but my understanding is that the best cameras are those with motorised film advance systems as it's a far more reliable system of just turning off the advance function than on a manual one where the film might move slightly while the shutter is primed.

The problem will be that most such cameras are from the late eighties and nineties and many had non-standard or electronic cable releases. I think I've only ever used a Ricoh XR-X (XR-M in some markets) and that uses an electronic cable release. It has a self timer though if it's camera movement you're worried about.
10-29-2021, 10:33 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
'm planning some multiple exposure images where the camera will be firmly mounted on a tripod. As a result, anything involving the film rewind button is not going to be easy or even possible. Any recommendations for something (a) inexpensive (b) K mount (c) standard cable release (d) reliable?
My Z-1p/MZ-S/*ist all have multiple exposure drive modes, but use a dedicated cable release. My 67II also has a multiple exposures setting and uses a standard cable release, but is far from being cheap...

So overall a Z1-p & the "Cable Switch F" probably would be your best bet, without getting too expensive. For an AF camera it's also better than most for being somewhat reliable.

Phil.
10-29-2021, 11:33 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Someone stated the Ricoh XR-1 earlier.

The Ricoh XR-2s also has a multiple exposure button on the rear of the body.

I have that camera, so if you need an image of the ME button, please let me know and I'll be happy to post one.

Best,

Joel

10-31-2021, 06:21 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The single digits MZ/ZX (5-7-L) didi it
I think the Pz1P did too.