Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
08-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Wow good find. I still have mine from 1977-78 It came with an eye cup mounted there. The eye cup is long since gone.
It sure was! Glad I have it.

Yeah, those old rubber components turn to crumbs after enough time. I'm not sure when mine was manufactured, serial number 6035273.

---------- Post added 08-04-18 at 08:47 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
My Pentax film camera collection stops at the M series; mostly working. The main one that doesn't is unfortunately the S from 1958, and it was recently assessed as unrepairable. That’s a shame as there were less than 5,000 built and are consequently very rare. My favourites of the working ones are the 1957 AP, the 1961-ish black S1a, the 1964 early Spotmatic, the 1975 K2 and 1976 MX, all with original standard lenses. The last one has a winder on it and I’ve had it from new. It originally had a rubber eyecup, but that’s long since disintegrated.
That's a shame.

Depending on what's wrong with it, I'm sure there is someone out there who would be willing to spend the time to fix it.
But yeah, that's a nice collection! The older purely mechanical cameras are nice to hear on the slower shutter speeds, all the timing gears whirring around.

---------- Post added 08-04-18 at 08:47 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SCREWFIT Quote
There are many attachments such as an image magnifier,a right angle finder there are also eyesight correction lenses for spectacle wearers and finally a rubber eyecup
Ok, thanks!

08-04-2018, 11:10 AM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is also an eye-piece blind, that is a solid piece of plastic that blocks any light coming into the viewfinder. You would use this for long exposures or tripod work when you are not looking into the viewfinder and want to avoid stray light affecting the exposure.

Again like mentioned above, make sure you don't buy any viewfinder attachment with "M" on it. It will be too big on your K1000 and wobble around.

Phil.
08-04-2018, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

The Pentax VF Magnifier comes in handy when you want to get critical focus.

As pointed out, these viewfinder accessories are specific to full size or M models. However, an Olympus VariMagnifinder happens to fit all my manual focus cameras of all brands. So if you need a right angle with switchable magnification viewer for your Pentax - or other brands, this is the one to get.

---------- Post added 08-04-18 at 05:01 PM ----------

Another accessory you might find useful for the K1000 - since it doesn't have a self timer, is an external self timer.

You simply screw it into the shutter button, advance the film then set the timer.

08-04-2018, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ropuchy Quote
Yeah, those old rubber components turn to crumbs after enough time. I'm not sure when mine was manufactured, serial number 6035273.
I purchased mine new in Alaska around the time our first was born. 78 so I purchase it in 77-78 the serial # on mine is 7782845. it came as a kit m50/2 and a JCpenny 135mm lens., eye cup roll of film, a case and assorted cleaning wipes etc. I still have the lenses camera and case. All still in working order.

08-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #35

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
There is also an eye-piece blind, that is a solid piece of plastic that blocks any light coming into the viewfinder. You would use this for long exposures or tripod work when you are not looking into the viewfinder and want to avoid stray light affecting the exposure.

Again like mentioned above, make sure you don't buy any viewfinder attachment with "M" on it. It will be too big on your K1000 and wobble around.

Phil.
Ah ok. I can see how a blind would come in handy for long exposures of the night sky or something like that.

---------- Post added 08-05-18 at 07:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
The Pentax VF Magnifier comes in handy when you want to get critical focus.

As pointed out, these viewfinder accessories are specific to full size or M models. However, an Olympus VariMagnifinder happens to fit all my manual focus cameras of all brands. So if you need a right angle with switchable magnification viewer for your Pentax - or other brands, this is the one to get.

---------- Post added 08-04-18 at 05:01 PM ----------

Another accessory you might find useful for the K1000 - since it doesn't have a self timer, is an external self timer.

You simply screw it into the shutter button, advance the film then set the timer.
Oh, interesting. I wonder how it manages to fit all of them. Maybe looser tolerances, or an adjustable component?
I've seen those timers! They look very interesting. I can see how they'd be useful if you wanted to take a picture of yourself in a group or out in some scenery.

---------- Post added 08-05-18 at 07:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I purchased mine new in Alaska around the time our first was born. 78 so I purchase it in 77-78 the serial # on mine is 7782845. it came as a kit m50/2 and a JCpenny 135mm lens., eye cup roll of film, a case and assorted cleaning wipes etc. I still have the lenses camera and case. All still in working order.
Oh, nice! These cameras hold up through time very well!
The older lenses feel much better built and of higher quality than the modern more plastic ones.
08-16-2018, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by Ropuchy Quote
Alrighty, I'll check it out! Thanks!

---------- Post added 08-03-18 at 07:23 PM ----------

Yep, got it for $10 with 5 lenses at an auction!

Thanks!
Wow, great find
08-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #37

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MilleniumFalcon Quote
Wow, great find
Yeah, I got pretty lucky!
Thanks.