Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
02-12-2019, 09:56 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I’ll shoot it for a couple weeks to test. Also I’m waiting for a period hood for the ST55/1.8 on a slow boat (the tracking literally says, “Processed through Faciliity TOKYO INT CONT V BAG 2”) and I want to do a new foam liner. I’ll send it on in about two weeks.
No worries. I still haven't made the time yet to film test the Contax III that I got a couple weeks ago. Besides, we are getting tons of snow in the mountains right now to freshen up the view so I should have some nice scenery to shoot here soon. I might even break out the RB67 Pro S to take with me when I go.

02-13-2019, 08:50 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

slow boat (the tracking literally says, “Processed through Faciliity TOKYO INT CONT V BAG 2”)
Yeah I've had those "free shipping" items from Japan take up to 10 weeks to arrive and I'm on the pacific west coast just across the big pond! I've gotten refunds from sellers and then had to pay them back, as it took way too long to arrive.

Hope you have better luck.

Phil.
02-14-2019, 09:00 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Could I get on the list too? Thanks.
02-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Could I get on the list too? Thanks.
Added!

02-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got back from a walk and shot about half a roll of TMAX 100. The shutter is sublime.

Added: Though it was fairly cold and definitely overcast and not much light (21o F forcing me to wear a fleece under a heavy outer shell) using an analog meter, having to think about shutter speed and depth of field and transferring the readings to the camera and lens (taking into account whether I can hand hold at 1/30) was relaxing. We’ll see how my exposures came out.

Tomorrow I’lll finish the roll with the ST28/3.5 and maybe the ST135/3,5. If I have time Monday I might run a roll of 400TX through. I can get the Kodak printed and imaged to CD at Walgreens 5 minutes away.

I’m just testing the camera, not trying to do art. The shutter did hang once, I think because I didn’t advance the film completely - cold fingers cranked just a hair too short. I very gently tightened the film and the shutter returned. That might be an issue.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-16-2019 at 09:22 PM.
03-27-2019, 11:48 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Any updates on the functional status of the SV?
03-28-2019, 05:08 AM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote
Any updates on the functional status of the SV?
non functional. The advance randomly locks the shutter open. Tightening the film by nudging the rewind unlocks it.

going to Advance for a fresh diagnosis.

04-04-2019, 09:30 AM   #68
Veteran Member

non functional. The advance randomly locks the shutter open. Tightening the film by nudging the rewind unlocks it.

going to Advance for a fresh diagnosis.

Does this mean the screwmount is out of action for now?
04-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
Does this mean the screwmount is out of action for now?
Yes. For four to six more weeks. I bought another SV if the thread wants to use it instead. Orange R (later version) versus Sightseer being a Green R (older version. If you want I will start the replacement in circulation.
04-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Yes. For four to six more weeks. I bought another SV if the thread wants to use it instead. Orange R (later version) versus Sightseer being a Green R (older version. If you want I will start the replacement in circulation.
I would be interested. I shot the original sightseer around 2012, and now I am jonesing to shoot one again. I was actually considering going out and buying one!

If you can get it going again let me know.

As an addendum, I live in Windsor but maintain a PO box in Detroit, which could make a stop here an easy jump-off point for a Canadian tour.

Last edited by PGillin; 04-04-2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added a PS
04-04-2019, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
I would be interested. I shot the original sightseer around 2012, and now I am jonesing to shoot one again. I was actually considering going out and buying one!

If you can get it going again let me know.

As an addendum, I live in Windsor but maintain a PO box in Detroit, which could make a stop here an easy jump-off point for a Canadian tour.
let me get things together here and I’ll post again to restart the thread.
08-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

let me get things together here and I’ll post again to restart the thread.
Curious if the camera started touring again? Didn't know the tours existed. It's a great idea.
Thanks,
barondla
08-07-2020, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Curious if the camera started touring again? Didn't know the tours existed. It's a great idea.
Thanks,
barondla
I sent the camera to Eric to investigate an intermittent slow shutter (30 second delay). H returned it saying he could not identify the fault. third ckick it has returned, No one has expressed an interest since. I’ll have a play again this weekend.
08-07-2020, 01:04 PM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How does one sign up for the Sightseeing Screwmount? I think I saw this thread a while ago and it sounded fun
08-07-2020, 07:47 PM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RedRuff Quote
How does one sign up for the Sightseeing Screwmount? I think I saw this thread a while ago and it sounded fun
At this time the camera is non-functional.