Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2019, 12:16 PM   #1

Pentax Spotmeter V - ISO dial came off

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but out on a stroll this morning and my spotmeter V's iso dial came off! It was loose to begin with.
Has anyone ever disassembled this spotmeter before? Googling for solutions, it seems one has to do that to screw the dial back in, but I'm confused about what people recommend re: the eye-piece. I unscrew the knurled part of the eyepiece just fine, but then I don't know how to remove the part that holds the eyepiece's lens.

Many thanks.

02-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #2

Without photographs I'll just make a wild guess and say you would probably need a lens spanner wrench.
02-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I don't own one, but it looks like the center metal piece holds the ISO dial on, and those two holes are for a lens spanner wrench that NaN mentioned.

02-15-2019, 01:54 PM   #4

Original Poster
Oh, the blog posts I saw implied you need to disassemble the plastic housing to put the dial back on, but your hypothesis makes sense. The eyepiece ring also had two tiny holes on either side of it, so I'm guessing a lens spanner wrench would work well there too.

02-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ediz7531 Quote
Oh, the blog posts I saw implied you need to disassemble the plastic housing to put the dial back on, but your hypothesis makes sense. The eyepiece ring also had two tiny holes on either side of it, so I'm guessing a lens spanner wrench would work well there too.
I've had some luck using small pointy things to unscrew a part that would otherwise have needed a spanner I didn't have, you got to go gently though and make sure they are well seated in the holes, especially if it's a soft metal like aluminum.
02-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you need to take the housing off , I believe there is a screw under the black ( I think serial number ) plate) at the bottom rear of the grip. ( Remembering but not having one to look at ).
02-16-2019, 03:05 AM   #7

The Classic Camera Repair Forum: Pentax Spotmeter V Disassembly (take apart) hints

https://www.instructables.com/id/Pentax-Spotmeter-V-Repair/