Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
09-18-2022, 04:16 PM   #16
Forum Member

Same issue but with a K1000. Any idea on where to clean? I’m comfortable taking it apart!
Seems Pentax cameras are all kind of prone to this sort of thing.
Not my video but this demonstrates the issue pretty well…

09-19-2022, 05:05 AM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grimnicholas Quote
Same issue but with a K1000. Any idea on where to clean? I’m comfortable taking it apart!
Not my video but this demonstrates the issue pretty well…

https://youtu.be/3ACNxZDPsbo
Maybe the same issue, but a different cause. Your K1000 needs a CLA (clean, lubricate and adjust), especially the mirror box. There's lubricant/grease that has gone goey.
09-19-2022, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by huge10 Quote
Maybe the same issue, but a different cause. Your K1000 needs a CLA (clean, lubricate and adjust), especially the mirror box. There's lubricant/grease that has gone goey.
Agreed.
QuoteOriginally posted by grimnicholas Quote
I don't think Pentax cameras are prone to this, especially the reliable K1000s (I own several K1000 cameras). They are tanks, but even 46-year-old tanks need a little maintenance every now and then. (Yes, the LX requires quite a bit more maintenance). You can find service manuals for the K1000 online. If you are handy there nothing wrong with taking them apart to service. If you attempt this, please take lots of photos to document the process for everyone else.
05-13-2023, 06:07 PM - 2 Likes   #19

Original Poster
Hi!, lot of time has passes, and lock down.

On lock down I decided to dismantle it until final consequences.
And I do
I manage to fix the problem, but I’ve had another one.
Cleaning the interior mechanism on the left side of the mirror, I dropped some isopropilic alcohol in the mirror, and I clean it with a cotton stick: error!! I killed it!, so I replace ir with another used one. So take care with screens and isopropyl alcohol.
I’ve cleaned with zippo fluid the mechanism on the left side of the mirror, and then I lubricated it with watch oil ( a good Swiss one).
And voila, problem solved.
I dismantled a lot, and I was in need to desolder some cables, keep track with pictures
in the picture marked the area where i cla'd.
Good luck if someone's try it!

Hope it helps!

Attached Images

11-29-2023, 09:04 PM - 1 Like   #20

I found this post and it's really helpful. I myself fixed my pentax LX and made a video with more details. Feel free to take a look if you also ran into the similar problem

02-14-2024, 08:29 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by foliver Quote
Hi!, lot of time has passes, and lock down.

On lock down I decided to dismantle it until final consequences.
And I do
I manage to fix the problem, but I’ve had another one.
Cleaning the interior mechanism on the left side of the mirror, I dropped some isopropilic alcohol in the mirror, and I clean it with a cotton stick: error!! I killed it!, so I replace ir with another used one. So take care with screens and isopropyl alcohol.
I’ve cleaned with zippo fluid the mechanism on the left side of the mirror, and then I lubricated it with watch oil ( a good Swiss one).
And voila, problem solved.
I dismantled a lot, and I was in need to desolder some cables, keep track with pictures
in the picture marked the area where i cla'd.
Good luck if someone's try it!

Hope it helps!
Thanks! Will be attempting this.
Did you clean the old rubber and then replace it with new rubber?
If you have any other photos of the operation that would be amazing
02-15-2024, 08:23 PM   #22

Original Poster
Hi!, i didn't change the rubbers that hols the mirror in rest position, cause i didn't find a part, i know you can do it cause you have the measures in this thread. I'll attemp that any day, i've some other cameras to take care!
good luck!!