Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Bricked ZX-50...

first off got it used for the 28-80 & 80-320 lenses for so called kit lenses for the K-1 and did not intend to shoot film......well alas the film bug has gotten me so threw a 24exp roll in to give it a whirl....loaded up fine and first 2 shots went well and advanced accordingly.....however on the next 2 exposures something funky started happening as I would take the shot it 'acted' like it was taking multiple exposures/bracketing whatever. it would take a few moments to finish whatever it was doing and numerically advance the frame count by 2 (or 3 maybe)....the lever was on single frame (did not take immediate note on the lcd screen)…...well this behavior continued for the entire roll and eventually I noted during that time the lcd would not display any indication of single, multiple or timer.....so screw it I finished the roll out despite I may get half the shots if any at all......well, after removing the roll, removed the battery grip and replaced it (did that during the course of the roll as well) figured I would fire it and see it if kept acting up....well it did and behaved the same like taking multiple shots but now...….the screen in the viewfinder is completely blank and constantly tries to auto focus and will not complete its 'task' to reset to fire again......I do not think this is the mirror gear as the mirror has returned to its resting position...have experienced that problem with a ZX-L......this is a different animal/anomaly.....not a big loss but a disappointment wanting to shoot film. it can sit on the shelf as a participation trophy with the 28-80 mounted on it.....still have other film bodies to play with as well......reckon I am wondering of a possible fix or just set it on the shelf.....thanks

03-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #2

Could still be the mirror gear problem - it all depends on where in the mechanical sequence or cycle the gear failed. The sequence won't continue until the the current one completes so it could be endlessly repeating that event(s) to try to move on to the next.