Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2019, 11:19 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reading online it was common to use 16mm movie film to reload the cartridges. These like 35mm have holes.

05-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ontarian50 Quote
110 film doesn't use the sprocket holes for winding the film. The film leader is attached to the takeup spool, which is driven by the camera. The little holes in 110 film were spaced one per frame, and the camera stopped winding when a little pin popped through the hole, confirming you were at the next frame. That pin retracted when you clicked the shutter, allowing for the film to wind again.

The problem with using cut down 35mm film for 110 use, is you would have too many holes.
Oh...I did not know that. I knew the drive was in the center of the take up spool but I thought the gear turned on the sprockets until it rotated enough to stop the frame. I didn't realize the one sprocket hole did the work. Oh well....

---------- Post added 05-08-19 at 01:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Reading online it was common to use 16mm movie film to reload the cartridges. These like 35mm have holes.
I did use 16mm for Minolta 16. I had a 50 foot roll and probably used less than 10 ft of it...
05-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
https://www.instructables.com/id/Disassemble-and-Reload-a-110-Film-Cartridge/
05-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
I got a winder on eBay I believe. Also seen them on KEH from time to time.
Thank you sir. I've tried ebay before but maybe I should try again. It's been a while since I looked there. I buy most all my equipment from KEH and Robert's camera but I haven't seen one recently. I am on KEH now and will look. Thank you sir

05-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I’d advise just be patient and you can get good prices. The reason I now have 5 of the 110 bodies (all bought relatively recently) is because I placed lowball bids on EBay items that weren’t getting many bids and won.
KEH hasn’t had a lot of inventory but keep watching. When they get stuff, their prices can be quite good. I bought the AF130 flash for $5, close up filters for $3-4. Better than EBay prices.
Good luck.