Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by I'm Back Quote
Hello! I'm working on some projects for the old analogs right now here in Shenzhen in China. Soon I will launch the revised model of I'm Back, more compact, new design and more functions and I am also working on the production of I'm Back for medium format. Personally, there is digital (divided into classes such as, cell phone, dsrl, mirrorless, medium format), there is film, there is Diana (lomo), pinhole and now to complete (and not to replace anything) there is I'm Back mode! Anyone who wants to use whoever they don't want don't use it! Long live democracy!

Greetings to all!

Samuel Mello Medeiros ;-)

Picture: Nikon F 50mm f1.2 + "2 prototype I'm Back 4mp" - now I use 16mp.
Do away with the focus screen, put the sensor there. You are innovative I know so go the next step and us the full frame sensor and if IF you reach out I LL give you the key to make the cameras work as intended. By the way did I say thanks. Well Thank you

11-11-2019, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello! I'm working on some projects for the old analogs right now here in Shenzhen in China. Soon I will launch the revised model of I'm Back, more compact, new design and more functions and I am also working on the production of I'm Back for medium format. Personally, there is digital (divided into classes such as, cell phone, dsrl, mirrorless, medium format), there is film, there is Diana (lomo), pinhole and now to complete (and not to replace anything) there is I'm Back mode! Anyone who wants to use whoever they don't want don't use it! Long live democracy!

Greetings to all!

Samuel Mello Medeiros ;-)

Picture: Nikon F 50mm f1.2 + "2 prototype I'm Back 4mp" - now I use 16mp.
Good on you for sticking with your idea, Samuel. I hope you find enough backers and buyers to make it profitable enough to continue development work that will make the concept more attractive, or perhaps less unattractive especially to some of the doubters here. I will say, though, that many of them have articulated issues that I hope you’re taking into consideration in your developments.
11-11-2019, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #33
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
Do away with the focus screen, put the sensor there. You are innovative I know so go the next step and us the full frame sensor and if IF you reach out I LL give you the key to make the cameras work as intended. By the way did I say thanks. Well Thank you
It might be preferable for both you and Samuel if you were to PM or e-mail him to discuss privately
11-12-2019, 05:23 AM   #34

Photos: Albums
Hello,
Well, obviously we're working hard to improve the product, and with a lot to listen to ideas and desires, obviously I've heard and I must say that not unlike most of you, better images, more compact etc... and we're already got an answer almost ready.... soon on kickstarter!

....I'm Back...

11-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi I;m back , I have a few Ideas PM if you care to hear them.
11-17-2019, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting discussion ... just posting to keep abreast of the developments, etc.

I would be more interested in medium format applications.

I would think that there would far fewer technical hurdles as opposed to a 35mm reflex (as discussed previously).

A digital back for my Pentax 645 or Mamiya 645 would be quite cool. Quite cool.
11-18-2019, 07:19 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Interesting discussion ... just posting to keep abreast of the developments, etc.

I would be more interested in medium format applications.

I would think that there would far fewer technical hurdles as opposed to a 35mm reflex (as discussed previously).

A digital back for my Pentax 645 or Mamiya 645 would be quite cool. Quite cool.
Hello! I'm currently producing Back to Medium format and it's getting better than I had communicated in my kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns! If you want to book a back at a lower price than when you are in stores, visit my indiegogo page; I'm Back - Low cost Medium Format digital back | Indiegogo

Regards,

Samuel

01-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #38

Hello! I'm currently producing Back to Medium format and it's getting better than I had communicated in my kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns! If you want to book a back at a lower price than when you are in stores, visit my indiegogo page; I'm Back - Low cost Medium Format digital back | Indiegogo

Regards,

Samuel
That's a really nice project, although not mature enough to my needs. With a full-frame sensor, some software and hardware improvements, it could get rid of the touchscreen, and transfer all the physical buttons to the iOS/Android app. One of the main problems (which I presume from the reviews I've seen) appears to be the shutter synchronization. There is work to be done detecting curtain activity (a machine learning method could "learn" the curtain travelling sound with a cheap small microphone and by pressing the shutter button at different speeds, which you could call "shutter calibration"), so the photographer could have in-camera shutter speed adjust. I would pay $1000 or more for a device that could allow me to use my film cameras as if they were DSLRs. Some focusing screens from high end manual cameras (like the one from my Canon F1) were very bright and precise. It would be really fun to use it as a professional digital camera as it was some day.
01-14-2020, 04:50 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brphotographer Quote
That's a really nice project, although not mature enough to my needs. With a full-frame sensor, some software and hardware improvements, it could get rid of the touchscreen, and transfer all the physical buttons to the iOS/Android app. One of the main problems (which I presume from the reviews I've seen) appears to be the shutter synchronization. There is work to be done detecting curtain activity (a machine learning method could "learn" the curtain travelling sound with a cheap small microphone and by pressing the shutter button at different speeds, which you could call "shutter calibration"), so the photographer could have in-camera shutter speed adjust. I would pay $1000 or more for a device that could allow me to use my film cameras as if they were DSLRs. Some focusing screens from high end manual cameras (like the one from my Canon F1) were very bright and precise. It would be really fun to use it as a professional digital camera as it was some day.
The shutter speeds and timing are so simple. Too easy in fact
01-14-2020, 06:36 PM   #40

Hello everyone. In my new device that will be released during Photokina 2010 the issue "speed and diaphragm" has already been resolved and therefore I can use I'm Back as if it were just a "film" and thus the exposure (right or wrong) is on behalf of the user and the calculation made by his camera, or his photometer. We are working and I know everyone's wishes well. Thanks for the "smart and constructive" critiques and suggestions, because only in this way can we improve the product more and more. Another thing we did was a full redesign of I'm Back and now it's more ergonomic with a nice 45 degree mirror shrink. I can safely say that this is another product, because as with any product, the beginning is not perfect, but with goodwill and hard work (we are a small company), we will get there. The good year everyone! ;-) More info, go to the indiegogo indemand page: I'm Back - Low cost Medium Format digital back | Indiegogo
01-14-2020, 07:57 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello everyone. In my new device that will be released during Photokina 2010 the issue "speed and diaphragm" has already been resolved and therefore I can use I'm Back as if it were just a "film" and thus the exposure (right or wrong) is on behalf of the user and the calculation made by his camera, or his photometer. We are working and I know everyone's wishes well. Thanks for the "smart and constructive" critiques and suggestions, because only in this way can we improve the product more and more. Another thing we did was a full redesign of I'm Back and now it's more ergonomic with a nice 45 degree mirror shrink. I can safely say that this is another product, because as with any product, the beginning is not perfect, but with goodwill and hard work (we are a small company), we will get there. The good year everyone! ;-) More info, go to the indiegogo indemand page: I'm Back - Low cost Medium Format digital back | Indiegogo
Thumbs up
01-16-2020, 04:45 AM   #42

The sensor doesn't seem to e full frame, so I expect severe cropping.
MN34120 - Industrial Devices & Solutions - Panasonic

Don't know how an almost unknown brand like YI got. 20MP m43 sensor from Sony around 2016. Ok, I presume this is another level of funding, but it gives hope that someday I'm Back company will be able to order custom sensor sizes able to provide a full frame experience (and thus a film-like field of view).
01-16-2020, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #43
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brphotographer Quote
The sensor doesn't seem to e full frame, so I expect severe cropping.
MN34120 - Industrial Devices & Solutions - Panasonic

Don't know how an almost unknown brand like YI got. 20MP m43 sensor from Sony around 2016. Ok, I presume this is another level of funding, but it gives hope that someday I'm Back company will be able to order custom sensor sizes able to provide a full frame experience (and thus a film-like field of view).
"I'm Back" does provide full frame field of view, but the way it achieves it is by using a small sensor to capture the image projected onto the focusing screen. That combination has some image quality limitations and issues, but it's nonetheless a clever idea...
01-16-2020, 06:51 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
There has to be a really good reason he didn't link the imaging to the flash sync or something like that.
But on his website, following the "Price List and Camera Models" tab, the Canon AE-1 pictured near the top of the page does have a lead from what looks like its flash sync socket to the I'm Back device.
01-16-2020, 12:14 PM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
"I'm Back" does provide full frame field of view, but the way it achieves it is by using a small sensor to capture the image projected onto the focusing screen. That combination has some image quality limitations and issues, but it's nonetheless a clever idea...
Thanks for the explanation. It's in fact a clever approach, although not as exciting (yet) as buying a mirrorless camera and a bunch of adapters IMO. Anyway, I hope their efforts continue until the solution becomes mature enough to reach nearly every photographer.
Closed Thread