Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-16-2019, 03:07 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax ME light meter only auto

is it normal for the Pentax ME light meter only to work in AUTO mode? I dont get any LED indications on 100X or B(ulb).
batteries are fresh.

otherwise it works..yesterday I got the Winder ME II and its fun..

Last edited by ElectricEye; 08-16-2019 at 03:13 AM.
08-16-2019, 03:49 AM - 1 Like   #2
Unregistered User

ME lightmetering

"is it normal for the Pentax ME light meter only to work in AUTO mode?" Yes, it is. 100x and Bulb are fixed, so there is no need for the light meter to do its job. As there is no automatic aperture there is no need to for lightmetering. This is what I remember of this lovely camera from 0ver 40 years ago.
08-16-2019, 04:12 AM   #3

Original Poster
that makes sense..I thought there is something not working..

thanx
08-16-2019, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElectricEye Quote

thanx
You can get a free PDF copy of the Pentax ME manual at the Pentax Manuals Web site...

Pentax Manuals | Manual Focus Cameras
(the PDFs are password protected, "Pentax")

Steve

08-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Yah the ME has no "manual" mode so to speak, so you have to basically trick it with compensation if you want something else. It's why I got the ME super since it's a little easier to work with in that regard.
08-17-2019, 01:18 AM   #6

Original Poster
I just finished a roll with the ME, it's a blast, easy to work with..I love the simple compensation dial im combination with just the shutter, much better than to fumble around with the timings..and the metal shutter, great.
got additionally a winder ME II, it is quite handy but I prefer without it , setting it all manually, film advance etc..

I really was looking for a MX but it doesn't have this compensation dial, if the MX had it, it would be my perfect camera..
08-17-2019, 06:45 AM   #7

Original Poster
another question..I want to use a L Bracket for my vintage Pentaxes, K1000 and the ME ..I ordered an universal one, where you can shift the screw in the middle.
recommendations?

08-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just finished a roll with the ME, it's a blast, easy to work with..I love the simple compensation dial im combination with just the shutter, much better than to fumble around with the timings..and the metal shutter, great.
got additionally a winder ME II, it is quite handy but I prefer without it , setting it all manually, film advance etc..

I really was looking for a MX but it doesn't have this compensation dial, if the MX had it, it would be my perfect camera..
The MX has 2 compensation dial...the shutter speed knob and the aperture ring .
Actually the MX has a 5 led in viewfinder...green, +- 1/2 yellow and -+1 or more in red. When using an MX, if I want +2 stop comp I just open the lens 4 clicks..or a combination of shutter and aperture. It might not be quite as simple but you get pretty fast with it.

08-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #9
Pentaxian

thanx
I initially thought the same thing. After buying several ME/ ME Super bodies on Goodwill Auctions , I downloaded a Manual and see its normal. Now Im on a ME Super adventure (GAS) with no end in sight.

---------- Post added 08-20-19 at 19:00 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
Yah the ME has no "manual" mode so to speak, so you have to basically trick it with compensation if you want something else. It's why I got the ME super since it's a little easier to work with in that regard.
You guys got me hooked on the ME Super and the Super Program....Now I want nothing else and the K1000's sit idle.....lol

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 08-20-2019 at 07:45 PM.
08-20-2019, 07:13 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
[/COLOR]You guys got me hooked on the ME Super and the Super Program....Now I want nothing else and the K1000's sit idle.....lol
Hey look if that k1000 needs an active home my dad has been looking for one
08-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
Hey look if that k1000 needs an active home my dad has been looking for one
Funny thing.....they are on a USPS flight to Florida at this moment ! Sent them for a permanent vacation with Hans......lol: